Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohmygod

How Do I Know If My Acne Is Hormonal

I've tried everything and nothing is working, im a 28yr old male, had acne since i was 14, i got it cured once by accutane when i was 18.. acne came back around the age of 21

I now have Acne all over my back and stomach, cysts all over my neck,head and behind my ears..

I have been on the paleo diet for a month now and i havent seen a change in my skin, so im starting to think this is NOT food related and that my hormones levels are out of control...

So does this sound like hormonal acne to you guys? i was thinking of going back on accutuane i even went and got the prescription from the doctor, went and bought the meds, the next day the doctor calls me up and tells me not to go on the accutane because my enzyme levels were really high.

So anyone know whats good to get your hormones in check just incase this is the issue?

Thanks.

Hormonal acne is generally around the chin/jawline. But get your hormone levels checked anyway.

And how do you cure Hormonal acne?

Hormonal acne is generally around the chin/jawline. But get your hormone levels checked anyway.

And how do you cure Hormonal acne?

As a male, honestly I don't know a surefire way. Women usually go on spironolactone or birth control. Those would of course have a feminizing effect on a man.

Although cutting out dairy has given some guys great results. Dairy often stimulates hormones to go into overdrive.