Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobbi364

Alkalizing...

This has been somewhat touched upon before in the pH balancing discussion, however, there was never any discussion on alkalizing vs. acidifying foods, see link below. In order to detox the mucus that forms diseases and other disorders, like acne, you need to alkalize the body and move the metabolic waste in your body.

http://www.rense.com...ns/acidalka.htm

Edited by bobbi364

I think everyone knows where I stand on this, but i'll be the first to say i am an absolute believer in eating a balance of alkaline forming foods vs acidic forming foods. I try very hard to keep the ratio 80% vs 20% alkaline/acidic. And it's easy when you simply limit or eliminate your intake of things you don't need like meat, dairy, and whole grains. And i've eliminated dairy and whole grains completely. Not to mention processed crap foods with refined sugar, table salt, and vegetable oils.

I have noticed that since doing this for about 3-4 months now, when i'm exercising i am never out of breath like i used to be. I know making your body more alkaline helps in oxygenating your blood cells, so it's awesome to see it actually paying off. You can still have well rounded nutrition on the alkaline diet, and I think this is what some people don't understand. It's the way humans are supposed to be eating anyway; a meal of fruits and vegetables with a side of meat, not the other way around

I think everyone knows where I stand on this, but i'll be the first to say i am an absolute believer in eating a balance of alkaline forming foods vs acidic forming foods. I try very hard to keep the ratio 80% vs 20% alkaline/acidic. And it's easy when you simply limit or eliminate your intake of things you don't need like meat, dairy, and whole grains. And i've eliminated dairy and whole grains completely. Not to mention processed crap foods with refined sugar, table salt, and vegetable oils.

I have noticed that since doing this for about 3-4 months now, when i'm exercising i am never out of breath like i used to be. I know making your body more alkaline helps in oxygenating your blood cells, so it's awesome to see it actually paying off. You can still have well rounded nutrition on the alkaline diet, and I think this is what some people don't understand. It's the way humans are supposed to be eating anyway; a meal of fruits and vegetables with a side of meat, not the other way around

i run everyday and i can agree, there is a lot less mucus in my body, chest and sinuses, that allows more oxygen to the blood. this is key to helping rid the acid waste products or lactic acids when you workout as well...everyone needs to get rid of the mucus in the body from years of abuse on the SAD diet. it is something highly overlooked in the health and nutrition field, only ninjas on a higher level understand this and implement it...just trying to bring awareness. COOKED food is acid forming, even cooked alkaline foods, figured I would add this in.

As long as you're already eating nutrient dense foods, you don't have to change your entire diet over this. You can just supplement alkalizing minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and be done with it.

As long as you're already eating nutrient dense foods, you don't have to change your entire diet over this. You can just supplement alkalizing minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and be done with it.

that is only if your body is assimulating those nutrients properly and getting optimum oxygen into the cells, a toxin filled or acidified body will not do this.

that is only if your body is assimulating those nutrients properly and getting optimum oxygen into the cells, a toxin filled or acidified body will not do this.

If this is true, then how does the body absorb the nutrients from alkalizing foods in the first place?

If this is true, then how does the body absorb the nutrients from alkalizing foods in the first place?

it doesnt at first, it is regularly known as the runs in the first week or so...once you get rid of those toxin/acid forming foods (or lessen them) you will start to clean out, it takes time depending on the person, some take as long as a year if not more to fully detox and start to assimilate those nutrients. it is commonly known as fatigue, chronic or adrenal.

thing you have to rememeber, it isnt necessarily that fruits, vegs, herbs are curing you or cleaning you out, its the lack of junk in the system, the body can heal itself given the correct conditions.

^^ I agree. It will take years to truly detoxify our bodies, and until then, we will be living in a state of perpetual sickness and handicap. Eating the right foods and drinking clean water are absolutely essential. Taking the right supplements to help facilitate detoxification are also essential (In my opinion)

I've begun my own journey of exploration and detoxification and am looking forward to seeing where it takes me. The results have been extremely positive and can only get better in the long run.

^^ I agree. It will take years to truly detoxify our bodies, and until then, we will be living in a state of perpetual sickness and handicap. Eating the right foods and drinking clean water are absolutely essential. Taking the right supplements to help facilitate detoxification are also essential (In my opinion)

I've begun my own journey of exploration and detoxification and am looking forward to seeing where it takes me. The results have been extremely positive and can only get better in the long run.

just make sure you do it smart, dont under eat, that is important. i see a lot of people go 100% raw vegan that lose way too much weight, feel terrible, look terrible and drain their bodies because they under eat. you have to do it smart. start the detox by a water fast to quicken the process (3-5 days), then go on a fruits and veggie diet 100% raw until you feel like you have completely detoxed. from that point you will want to stay 2/3 raw and 1/3 cooked , it all goes back to the 60% alkaline foods and 40% acidic foods. right now i am still 100% raw and still in the detox phase, i will be ending the detox 100% raw vegan diet on july 5th, i am ending it with a 3 day water fast, beginning today. from that point on i will eat 2/3 raw foods and 1/3 cooked vegan meals (mainly rice and other veggies). good luck.