Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

"Rodan & Fields CALM" Sooo, whats up with this new

It doesn't have anything new that isn't in other proven products:sd mysalicylic acid, sulfur, and 2.5% BP.I saw the line on Gloss.com and it was rather pricey. I would pass on it. If someone thinks these ingredients would help their acne, I would go with DDF, Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, and Beauti Control which all have a longer track records and the Beauti Control is a quite a bit cheaper.I think it is a marketing ploy to appeal to a different demographic than the Proactiv. I have not used the line, but I am really into the Nucelle products. Six weeks and my stubborn cysts are a lot better and my skin is really soft and smooth.

Here are the impressive ingredients of Proactive:

RENEWING CLEANSER

Benzoyl Peroxide

This is the key antibacterial agent to fight acne. Proactiv® Solution's advanced delivery system allows the benzoyl peroxide to penetrate evenly into your skin's surface and unplug your pores. You can't develop a bacteria resistance to benzoyl peroxide, so you can use it safely and effectively over time.

Sodium Hyaluronate

This mucopolysaccharide acts as a humectant to draw moisture to your skin. Mucopolysaccharides are gel-like substances surrounding the collagen and elastin in the dermis layer of the skin.

Polyethylene

These small round beads gently remove old, dead cells without tearing or scratching your skin.

Chamomile Extract

This botanical extract is known for its soothing properties.

REVITALIZING TONER

Special Formulation

Proactiv® Solution's special formulation gently removes dead skin cells to reveal younger, more radiant skin. It helps balance the skin's natural acids.

Aloe Vera

Known for its skin softening properties, it is also a soothing agent.

Chamomile Extract

This botanical extract is known for its soothing properties.

Witch Hazel Extract

Excellent as a skin freshener, it is a light astringent that removes surface skin oils.

Panthenol

Part of the Vitamin B Complex, panthenol has excellent moisturizing properties.

Allantoin

The ingredient in the herb comfrey, this botanical extract helps heal skin problems and is known for its ability to stimulate the growth of healthy tissue.

REPAIRING LOTION

Benzoyl Peroxide

This is the key antibacterial agent to fight acne. Proactiv® Solution's advanced delivery system allows the benzoyl peroxide to penetrate evenly into your skin's surface. Benzoyl peroxide attacks acne at its source and reduces inflammation.

Panthenol

Part of the Vitamin B Complex, panthenol has excellent moisturizing properties.

Allantoin

The ingredient in the herb comfrey, this botanical extract helps heal skin problems and is known for its ability to stimulate the growth of healthy tissue.

http://www.proactiv-acne-solution.net/

Technically it's just a BP kit with added botanical and medical ingredients that help with the skin. I do not see any irritants and most ingredients you'll find in many other skin products. In my experience, it didn't do much, however, $40 for 60 days is not too expensive if you look at it. The first one that goes out first before 60 days is the cleanser, then the lotion. It's an impressive formula i just I don't know why it will not work. Maybe they should add tea tree oil, green tea extract, and Vitamin K in their toner. Salicylic Acid for the active ingredient in their cleanser then add vitamins A, C & E for their lotion.