Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys! Well, apparently I was wrong; Lemon juice is very good for scars and acne for MOST people, I have a question though; I'm going to camp and I don't want to take a bunch of lemons with me, is it ok if I put some lemon juice in my cleanser instead? If so, how long do I have to rub the cleanser on my face with lemon juice in it (I usually do it for about 45 seconds, but I'm assuming since I'm adding lemon juice it should be more) But I don't want to keep taking a new fresh lemon each time.

Or is there any other way I can do it without having to take so many lemons?

Thanks guys!

Edited by Industrio

Posted · Hidden by AKL, January 5, 2013 - Duplicate topics merged
Hidden by AKL, January 5, 2013 - Duplicate topics merged

Hey guys! Well, apparently I was wrong; Lemon juice is very good for scars and acne for MOST people, I have a question though; I'm going to camp and I don't want to take a bunch of lemons with me, is it ok if I put some lemon juice in my cleanser instead? If so, how long do I have to rub the cleanser on my face with lemon juice in it (I usually do it for about 45 seconds, but I'm assuming since I'm adding lemon juice it should be more) But I don't want to keep taking a new fresh lemon each time.

Thanks guys!

Posted · Hidden by AKL, January 5, 2013 - Duplicate topics merged
Hidden by AKL, January 5, 2013 - Duplicate topics merged

Thanks guys!

Why dont you try squeezing some of the lemon juice in a small water bottle, and bring cottonballs to apply it? Suggestion? Lol

Haha that may work but can I just put it in my cleanser aswell? I don't want to be that weird person that brings lemon juice with them :P

and also, how long do i rub it in my skin for? :S

I would take a little bottle of lemon juice instead of storing it inside your cleanser. The acid content of the lemon juice could affect the stability of your cleanser. Just mix the juice with your cleanser in your hand when you wash your face. The same amount of time should suffice.

you need to be extremely careful with appying anything acidic to your skin. It would be wise to invest in a pH tester. Keep the pH between 5.5-6, otherwise you risk damaging your skin.

I tried lemon juice, it helped to clear my skin at first, but them I started to get a lot of very tiny whiteheads/pustules on my chin and under my nose. So I stopped using it unfortunately.

you need to be extremely careful with appying anything acidic to your skin. It would be wise to invest in a pH tester. Keep the pH between 5.5-6, otherwise you risk damaging your skin.

Yup, I understand that, which is why I was hesitant, but I also have 2 questions:

1) Does it have to be refrigerated?

2) Does it have to be fresh lemons? Or can I use old ones that I used 2-3 months ago.

Ahah, thanks for the replies!

I would take a little bottle of lemon juice instead of storing it inside your cleanser. The acid content of the lemon juice could affect the stability of your cleanser. Just mix the juice with your cleanser in your hand when you wash your face. The same amount of time should suffice.

Does it have to be fresh lemons? Because the camp is going to be for about 2 months, will that be enough? or I need fresh lemons each time?

Also, does it HAVE to be refrigerated?

The lemon probably won't be as fresh. I recommend taking a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (floating particles and sediment that settle at the bottom) with cotton balls instead. You'll still get the benefits of an Alpha Hydroxy Acid but with less of a hassle. I took ACV with me when I went camping last year to clean my face in the morning and in the evening to get all the dirt, debris, and oil off my face. I also like using Yes to Blueberries Moist Towelettes. They contain apple and lemon extract in them and do the same thing. Those are some portable options for you.

The lemon probably won't be as fresh. I recommend taking a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (floating particles and sediment that settle at the bottom) with cotton balls instead. You'll still get the benefits of an Alpha Hydroxy Acid but with less of a hassle. I took ACV with me when I went camping last year to clean my face in the morning and in the evening to get all the dirt, debris, and oil off my face. I also like using Yes to Blueberries Moist Towelettes. They contain apple and lemon extract in them and do the same thing. Those are some portable options for you.

Ahha thanks for the comment! I'll make sure to check out ACV :)

It doesn't have to be fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice has the same acidic content

You do not need to refrigerate it AS LONG AS there is NO added sugar.

You should add Sugar to it when applying it, the sugar helps remove dead skin smile.png

I already do exfoliate with sugar :):D

It doesn't have to be fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice has the same acidic content

You do not need to refrigerate it AS LONG AS there is NO added sugar.

Ahah, thanks so much!

Also, is rubbing it in with my cleanser and sugar daily at night good (is that enough or too much)?

and for how long should I rub it in? (45 seconds-1 minute?)