Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

Do Tazorac And Differin Also Offer Anti-Aging Properties?

I'm so accustomed to hearing that Retin-A has anti-aging properties but haven't heard the same info. about Differin and Tazorac, both of which my derm. assistant gave me samples.

I suspect that all retinoids provide anti-aging properties, but I just want to be sure before I choose either Differin or Tazorac to sample.

Thank you,

P.I.

It is my understanding that differin (adapalene - synthetic retinoid) is for acne/anti-inflammatory and retin-a (tretinoin) is for acne AND anti-aging. But it's perhaps that Differin just hasn't been studied long term yet to determine it's anti-aging properties.

It is my understanding that differin (adapalene - synthetic retinoid) is for acne/anti-inflammatory and retin-a (tretinoin) is for acne AND anti-aging. But it's perhaps that Differin just hasn't been studied long term yet to determine it's anti-aging properties.

Have you heard anything about Tazorac regarding anti-aging properties? I'm guessing it has them because my derm. asst. uses it and once told me during an earlier office visit that she uses a retinoid for anti-aging benefits.

P.I.