Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runzmc

Switching Between .05% Taz And .1% Taz While Adjusting To The Medication?

So im in the process of switching from Ziana to Taz and in that transition my derm has given me samples of .05% Taz cream and .1% taz gel.

Ive been using the .1% gel every other night and using Ziana in the nights inbetween, but have been readng more and more and it seems that bouncing between the two probably isnt the best idea and will slow down my healing process with the Taz.

Ive been using taz a few times a week (2-3 days tops) for almost a month now, would it be safe to just switch to taz alone?

If so, would it be ok to switch between the .05% cream and .1% gel until my face can adjust to the .1% gel?

Its now been a week of using the Taz .1% every other night and except for today I havent felt any tightness/burning (and its not too bad today, just a bit tight around my mouth), but I still dont want to rush it seeing as Taz is a powerful topical.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I dont have a derm appointment for three more weeks and cant afford to keep seeing her when every new question pops into my head.

I just really want to be rid of this nightmare before I go off to college in august sad.png

Edited by runzmc