Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frogslegs

Giant Pores On Nose (Sorry If Wrong Topic)

Hello,

First off, sorry if this is the wrong topic. I've been posting around the acne.org site for a little time now but I wasn't sure where to post this one.

So, I'm on my 3rd month of Accutane currently and i normally have a lot of gunk in the pores of my nose (using Biore strips was awesome but gross at the same time), but of course it always returned. Iv'e noticed that while on Accutane, I've had nothing in there which is awesome! Excpet that today I noticed how ginormous my nose pores look..

Now, I don't have any pictures on hand but is there any way I can shrink them or make them look smaller? I'm currently wearing foundation and even with that I noticed how big they look. Yuck.

Since you are on accutane I dont think you should be messing to much with your skin (as in, using another product to help shrink them). But splash your wash with cold water after washing, and you could wear a primer under your makeup. I use benefits pore-fessional and I like it.

Yeah, I have a set of products that the dermatologist recommended and sold to me which I have been using. I am also using a primer underneath.

I have definitely read that cold water helps shrink them.

What is benefits pore-fessional? Is it a cream?

Also, thanks for the reply.

Accutane is the only thing that will actually shrink your pores...so if you're on your 3rd round and they're still large...sorry there's not a whole lot you can do.

Keep them clean and use a primer under your makeup. A primer basically creates a layer to keep your makeup from sinking into your pores which can make them look larger.

Yeah the benefit pore-fessional is just one of their primers. I assume you can get it outside of the UK. I've just found it to be a pretty good one, it's designed to reduce the look of pores and it's sort of slightly flesh toned so I find that I can even rub it in over my makeup for touch ups.

I should probably add that I don't think it has any uses as a primer to help keep your makeup on though, and I use a different one on the rest of my face.