Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anun

Are These Deep Scars? (W/ Pics)

Hi,

I was always curious how one can tell if you have/will have deep dented scars. I'm unsure whether mine is. But bc my oldest bro & my aunts and unlces on my father's side of the family has deep dented acne scars I'm getting paranoid & depressed that I'm gonna have the same. I'm not entirely clear on my acne. I still get them from time to time during my time of the month. But I keep obsessing/getting depressed over my skin on whether I have/will have acne scars since I used to have very clear skin. I used to get acne before but only 1-3 & they disappear with no scars. But now...it seems different.

Here's a picture of my left & right side of face since that's the only place I seem to get acne. I took one in dark lighting & one near a window with natural light. So what do you think?

Advance thanks for the answer/help.

Edited by anun

just looks like pigmentation, its to hard to hell until the pigmentation completely fades.

Are you 18 years old or less? if you are I recommend you get a health insurance through ObamaCare and get rid of your acne taken care of by a dermatologist asap before real scarring happens.

@LZOMG Thanks for the quick response. I am already 24 going to 25yrs old unfortunately.

Ahhh, that sucks. Guess your gonna have to wait until Jan 1, 2014.

Until then your gonna have to save up and go to the dermatologist. You gotta get rid of acne first before you do scar/pigmentation treatment

mostly acne and pigmentation..maybe a slight scarring but after u clear ur acne u should look into ematrix

Edited by waitingforacure

You have some indented scarring already unfortunately, what were you using to rid ur acne? Bp? Wait until the redness and spots clear up befor even treating the scars that you have. They are not severe there pretty minor so try not to fret to much about them for the moment hard as it is.

I've been using BP, yes for 4wks. But when I went to the Dr for my hand, my Dr prescribed me Clindagel since bp makes me peel/overly drying & makes me have dark red complexion.. Clindagel is supposed to not have that so I started using that instead. Not sure if that was a good idea or not though.. Maybe I should have just continued using BP & not stop?? I guess I was hoping for a solution that doesnt peel & make my skin red.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Edited by anun

I just want to update and say my acne is starting to diminish. I only get really small ones occasionally which is normal & goes away faster, have weird texture of skin and the red/light brownish pigmentation but other than that it's pretty much gone. However, on my right face, some of my scars turned white... It's kind of shiny, slightly raise but not as noticeable from far away. But it's really white.. Is there any topical medicines/etc that can diminish the whiteness of it to make it less noticeable? I'm glad my skin tone is not that dark like before bc if it was you can really see it since it's white with no skin pigmentation. thanks

Edited by anun