Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Sorry to post a new question about foundations as I know there's already quite a few of them, but I wanted to tailor this thread to my personal problems.

So, I'm currently using Fit Me by Maybelline (only the foundation and the powder) with a primer. I loved it in the beginning but Im not crazy about it anymore. It used to cover my red marks pretty well but recently it hasn't been.

Red marks are my main problem. I don't have a picture on hand but they're all along my cheeks and they're quite red. I like pretty full coverage (of course without the cakey look). I'm currently on Accutane so my skin is a bit dry (but very barely, way less than it was when I first started).

I have normal skin, not oily or dry (besides the Accutane side effects), it's just acne-prone (but now I'm on a more strict regimen of washing my face on top of the Accutane and haen't had a breakout in a while). I was considering getting a "smart shade" foundation that "matches your skin tone" (although I still need to do some research). My onlyconcern however, is that it will "match" the red tones in my face from my redness/red marks (I don't know if that's how it even works lol).

I was also really wanting to try the Natureluxe foundation that Taylor Swift advertises but I have to do research on that one still.

Iread good things in another thread about Revlon Colourstay however going on makeupalley I found many mixed reviews (one says it was amazing, the next said it was terrible).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to get some good input! :)

I heard Natureluxe gets orange after a while.

I have used the colorstay and it is pretty amazing. FULL coverage, and will stay matte all day. I quite using it though because my boyfriend doesn't like full coverage makeup.

I have also heard good things about the colorstay whipped foundation.

Hi Ghost, thanks very much for reading this and replying!

Good to know about Natureluxe, will definitely pass that one up.

So the colourstay foundation works well and is full coverage? That's awesome. I hope it's in Canada lol, haven't checked that out yet.

I will definitely look into Revlon then and I've always wanted to try mousse foundation so I will look at that one too.

Thank yoU!

Hi Ghost, thanks very much for reading this and replying!

Good to know about Natureluxe, will definitely pass that one up.

So the colourstay foundation works well and is full coverage? That's awesome. I hope it's in Canada lol, haven't checked that out yet.

I will definitely look into Revlon then and I've always wanted to try mousse foundation so I will look at that one too.

Thank yoU!

If you can find it, I do caution you to work in sections while applying it as it dries quicker than other foundations. It's not a bad thing, I just wouldn't dab it all over at one time.

I'm glad I could help out!

Ghost - Thank you, I found out that the mousse is not in Canada but I did get the liquid foundation and I love it! It does dry quite fast though!

miritextiles - I have not tired mineral foundation but I've heard so many good things about it, however I find that I'm too lazy to read up on it or try it because I feel as though it won't work well (even though I have not heard many bad things). I guess my comfort zone is just with liquid foundations though lol but since you linked me I Will check that out. Thanks :)

oo u love colorstay? i love it too! lol. mineral foundation is also good. it's very easy to apply...and if you don't find your exact match, the colors r forgiving, so as long as you come close, you're good. if you use colorstay in conjunction with a compact mineral foundation, you'll get decent coverage without using much product.

I have the Revlon Colorstay foundation too. I only use it ocassionally, usually I add a bit to a glowy foundation to make it more full coverage.

If you apply the Colorstary with a stipple (skunk) brush, you can get super full coverage. Stipple on a layer, wait for it to dry, and stipple on another layer. Whoaz. Opaque.

You'll want to make sure that the color is really close to your natural skin color if you do it that way though.

Thanks, I've been using the Revlon Colourstay foundation and I absolutely LOVE it, especially with my E.L.F. powder brush!! Works amazing!! :)