Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I plan on doing a full face TCA peel in a few weeks (12.5% by MUAC) im currently prepping my skin with retin a. I'm doing this peel for some hyperpigmentation and some shallow acne scars on my temples, forehead, and a few around my chin, as well as the treatment of large pores on my cheeks. I've done extensive research on TCA peels but still have a few unanswered questions.

If anyone can answer these or has any general feedback please reply! How long will I need to

stop using my panoxyl 10% BP face wash

before the peel, and will I need to totally avoid sun & chlorine just until I'm done peeling or how long post peel before swimming again? Also I'll be posting before/after pictures if the results are noticeable

I still own my TCA 12.5% kit, Rosehip scar cream, and other acne scar products from MUAC. In my journey to treat my scars, I've spent so much money on topicals and other peels with that company, it's sickening for me to think about now. They're all about 2-4 years old now. In terms of scar treatment, it was a waste of money. MUAC kept trying to sell more products whenever I wrote to them about seeing no improvement. They advised me to apply more layers of TCA, get a stronger or different peel for my scars, and buy their serums to see improvement. Interestingly, they never once asked for a picture or about the depth or type of scarring my face, but they sure gave me a lot of advice on how to improve my scars. I don't want to bash the company but looking back, it angers me. If you write to them and say you're not seeing improvement, you will probably see what I mean.

You really should avoid the sun for an extended period of time following a peel.

BTW, the testimonial picture by "Melanie, Alaska" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.makeupart...els-101-22.html

is actually on Realself.com too. If I can find the link on Realself, I will post it. I can't seem to find it now but I remember seeing a couple years ago. I had an awakening when I realized the photos were also posted by a patient on Realself. That was a couple years ago.

Edited by TokyoGirl

I did a 15% TCA (x2 layers) on my acne scars. I was using panoxyl 10% BP bar at that time, but I stopped using it 2 days before and 10 days after I applied the peel.

Avoid sun at any cost! I did 2 peels a month apart. I took great precaution during my first peel and I was happy with my results. I was a bit negligent during my second peel--went out in sun about a week after application and 3 days after I had completely peeled. I still have slight hyperpigmentation in one of my scars after 2 years.

I'm not sure where I read it, but you must avoid getting in contact with chlorine for a month after the application.