Notifications
Clear all

Does Hot/humid Weather Break Your Skin Out?

MemberMember
(@spleenpoetry)

Posted : 06/30/2012 11:33 am

My skin is almost completely clear now, I couldn't be happier, but I'm really worried the hot/humid weather will give me breakouts again...the temperatures are rising quickly now where I live.

so, does the hot/humid weather in the summer make your acne worse? Or does it improve because of the heat?

thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 06/30/2012 11:39 am

I think everyone is different, some people clear up in the sun or at the beach, but i think dry heat helps and humidity harms. With me, I hate humidity it makes my skin more oily and I wash it/blot it one extra time. I can keep breakouts to a minimum if I keep the oil off as much as possible. To be honest the oily skin bothers me just as much as the acne does.

When the weather is nice in the 60-78 range I am happiest.

I am hoping taking accuatne will get rid of this oil problem for me!

MemberMember
(@supermachii)

Posted : 06/30/2012 1:36 pm

yes i believe it does since heat is an obvious acne trigger. but not for everyone, only for people with dormant acne, or acne prone skin, and only for people who have problems dealing with the heat, since their bodies might not cool down enough to deal with the heat.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/30/2012 2:58 pm

My skin does better in humidity. It keeps my skin at a nice stable moisture level. I don't think it likes extreme temperatures either way, but it does react favorably to my vitamin D production when there is more sun outside.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/10/2013 3:46 pm

Heat and humidity is a huge factor for me. One of my theories to why we are seeing more and more cases of uncurable acne that lasts into adulthood:

http://www.livescience.com/1937-sweat-earth-steamier.html

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 09/11/2013 8:04 am

Not acne, but spots, it's obviously not a direct cause of acne. But I think if your skin isn't use to a certain type of temp then you may break out, I find in humid whether my skin feels uncomfortable, but I don't think I've ever directly had a breakout from it.

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 09/13/2013 11:47 am

Humidity has been proven to cause breakouts, especially in a tropical environment in which it may rain for periods. This is because the humidity and water particles in the air + the excess oil production on your skin provide the perfect environment for bacteria to live. This in turn results in acne. Dormant acne such as comedones may also turn into cystic acne during humid weather as the pores become larger and sweat pushes them out.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 09/13/2013 12:29 pm

heat is a major problem for me! this was my observation that I have recently discovered

have a read.

I'm from Australia and was winter last month and now going through spring. Because it's not hot my skin is unbelievably clear right now. only thing I'm dealing with is PIH which is being treated with Dan's AHA which is working fairly rapidly for me.

Humidity breaks me out like crazy but as someone above mentioned, dry heat while I still get the occasional pimple, it's manageable.

MemberMember
(@magic)

Posted : 04/28/2014 2:57 pm

I found this topic after searching in google 'warm weather helps acne'.

Pretty much every result talked about warm weather causing more acne, oddly, for me, it's the opposite.

I've lived in a cold rainy northern climate all my life, and had acne all my life, but every time I go away to somewhere warm, my skin gives me no trouble at all, it basically completely clears up.

I've just moved to Thailand and from day 1 my skin started to look and feel better. Acne that was beginning to form and 'bubble up' during the 20 hour journey to get here totally cleared away within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand.