Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

Ever Have A Cyst Form Multiple Areas Of Puss (Whiteheads)?

Now and then, I'll get a cyst that sneaks up on me very quickly. It basically goes from a very slightly raised flesh-colored bump one day--that I notice only due to tenderness to the touch--to a raised red bump the following day. Within the course of a week, it continues to raise in terms of moving a greater distance from the plane of my face.

Then what I assume is a cyst actually develops into--or reveals itself to have always been--multiple whiteheads. That is, I believe it's always been a cyst, but it forms multiple heads of puss, rather than just one.

I currently have such a cyst on my upper-forehead; it has three distinctive "whiteheads" within it now. Grrrr...

P.I.

I get pimples that do this occassionally, I had one near my nose 2 days ago that had 3 little "whiteheads" on the head of it...eventually they all formed into one ugly head.

Also, my cysts form like yours do.....

they start out as about the size of a pinhead, and then slowly grows....it'll be the same color as my flesh, and then eventually it turns red, and then it just grows and grows.

Sometimes my cysts will get whiteheads, other times they wont. It is very rare a cyst will get a whitehead, I currently have one right now though. Normally the cysts will just sink back into my skin and never pop.

Yes!! That's how mine started a few months ago, I had a hard lump under the skin on my chin which quickly became raised, then my daughter accidentally knocked it and it very quickly developed several pus filled 'heads', it continued to regroup and spread all over my chin. I have also had a cyst develop on my temple near my eye which started as a hard lump and yesterday I noticed a few whiteheads on it.

It's so annoying and painful it looks awful :(

That's how mine started a few months ago, I had a hard lump under the skin on my chin which quickly became raised, then my daughter accidentally knocked it and it very quickly developed several pus filled 'heads', it continued to regroup and spread all over my chin.

Oh, man... I know how it hurts to bump or cyst--or to have it bumped by someone else. The only reason why I'm not getting my hair cut anytime soon--and I need to have it cut--is that I have this stupid "triple-crown" cyst on my forehead. For one thing, I don't want a stylist and other patrons to see it. For another thing, I don't want to risk having a stylist bump it and cause the inflammation to worsen in the deeper levels of my skin.

What really ticks me off about this current cyst is that I still caught it relatively early--before it lost flesh tone and really pushed out from my forehead--and iced it three times daily for four days'. I would wear a baggie with 1-2 ice cubes tied to my head with the tie from a bathrobe. (My husband started calling me Mr. Miagi. Heh...) So I had ice on my cyst for about 2-3 hours' per day and figured I'd keep it from fully forming. Nope. Not this time.

P.I.

I totally get where you're coming from, that's the last thing you'll want to happen...lol 'Mr Miagi' aww poor you, but we have to see the funny side of going through crap like this...I hope you manage to get rid of the cyst very soon!

Mel

I totally get where you're coming from, that's the last thing you'll want to happen...lol 'Mr Miagi' aww poor you, but we have to see the funny side of going through crap like this...I hope you manage to get rid of the cyst very soon!

Update: My "triple-crown" cyst ultimately wound up being a "quadruple-crown" cyst--yes, complete with four individual whiteheads within the lump on my forehead. Fun, fun, fun...

It took several weeks' time to shrink back in size, and now it's leaving an indented scar. I only touched it once, using a sterilized needle to poke through the uppermost whitehead to release some of the gunk; so it feels rather unfair that I'm still going to be left with a scar. (In fact, I now have two indented scars on the center section of my upper forehead. Swell...)

It also feels unfair that the cyst even crowned, since I wore an icepack on it three times a day for 3.5 days'. I caught it before it even blossomed 1/4 of the way, so I assumed I'd prevent it from fully forming.

P.I.

yes ive had this before and they are truely the worst in my opition. Biggest one I ever had was on my upper chin below my lip. Rest of my skin was doing ok. Was about the size of a nickel quished into an oval and seriosly had like 4 heads. The heads are what made it the worst so I had to pop it....still remained for almost a months before faiding into a scar. My friend who has been with me around my acne my whole life was blown away...hes like"Dude...what the hell is that? A pimple or something"

Biggest one I ever had was on my upper chin below my lip. Rest of my skin was doing ok. Was about the size of a nickel quished into an oval and seriosly had like 4 heads. The heads are what made it the worst so I had to pop it....still remained for almost a months before faiding into a scar. My friend who has been with me around my acne my whole life was blown away...hes like"Dude...what the hell is that? A pimple or something"

Sometimes, I wish I had a good fib to tell about a cyst. If someone who doesn't have acne inquires about a lump on the face, it would be more entertaining to have a good story to tell about it, as if it were a badge of courage, or something, rather than a deep-seated, pus-filled pimple. Heh...

P.I.