Notifications
Clear all

Dermaflage New Acne Scarring Kit! Any Advice On How To Apply Properly?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/29/2012 6:38 pm

I just bought the new silicone based acne scar makeup from dermaflage. i havent used it yet because i havent had time with work and all that. to any one who has used dermaflage if u can plz give some advice.

appreciate it thanks

MemberMember
(@phoebeb)

Posted : 10/25/2012 10:04 am

I notice no one answered...

So how did it work for you? I just ordered dermaflage. The website has some helpful application tips. Were you pleased with the results?

MemberMember
(@desperate_gy)

Posted : 09/08/2013 5:50 am

hi, i started using dermaflage. Although it is not a miracle, it still can let some big scars look like small scars temporarily. However, what concern me is i will put this dermaflage on my face for 48 hours before i peel it off, would it be harmful to my skin?

please advice.

MemberMember
(@datura)

Posted : 09/08/2013 8:34 pm

Do a search on dermaflage or daphne (it's former name). The user Rupert swears by this stuff for his scars and discusses his method for applying it.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 02/24/2015 3:54 am

i bought this and used it on Valentines. Thanks GOD for the invention of Hollywood effects made available to public. Though it's not perfect still and need more practices in application, it gives back my self esteem that i've lost this few months. now, on some occasion when i did not apply it properly, it still looks like an acne spot which is heaps better than a hole!

I have been trying to cover the holes with makeup (sometimes it took an hour trying to cover a hole!) with no avail only to make it look worse. so this silicone filler is definitely the answer for me and i believe many others with pitted scars.

it sticks and lasts perfectly. i never leave it overnight but I see that it does not worsen the condition of the scar either if left for 48hrs.

i've written feedback to Dermaflage team that perhaps they could improve the texture as majority of customers who are not make up pros could easily apply it. I hope they could blend better with the surrounding skin, doesnt dry too fast and allowing the use of makeup aside from mineral based makeup. also the syringe opening could be lessened as it dispenses too much for smaller holes.

if you have indented scar, you should give this a try! I really recommend this as it's given my confidence back in public places.

MemberMember
(@kensden)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:05 pm

just ordered some Dermaflage after reading this topic and watching some youtube vids,it looks pretty good in the vids although they are made by Dermaflage...

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 02/24/2015 6:38 pm

Duo clear eyelash glue does a decent job too if you apply 2-3 very thin layers and then a little bit of powder over it, but there's an art to applying it like Dermaflage. I actually practiced using eyelash glue to fill in scars before trying Dermaflage (which is a better option just pricey).

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/24/2015 7:28 pm

i bought this and used it on Valentines. Thanks GOD for the invention of Hollywood effects made available to public. Though it's not perfect still and need more practices in application, it gives back my self esteem that i've lost this few months. now, on some occasion when i did not apply it properly, it still looks like an acne spot which is heaps better than a hole!

I have been trying to cover the holes with makeup (sometimes it took an hour trying to cover a hole!) with no avail only to make it look worse. so this silicone filler is definitely the answer for me and i believe many others with pitted scars.

it sticks and lasts perfectly. i never leave it overnight but I see that it does not worsen the condition of the scar either if left for 48hrs.

i've written feedback to Dermaflage team that perhaps they could improve the texture as majority of customers who are not make up pros could easily apply it. I hope they could blend better with the surrounding skin, doesnt dry too fast and allowing the use of makeup aside from mineral based makeup. also the syringe opening could be lessened as it dispenses too much for smaller holes.

if you have indented scar, you should give this a try! I really recommend this as it's given my confidence back in public places.

im glad u had success with it. believe it or not i still havent tried dermaflage yet, funny because i started this thread but my box of dermaflage is just sitting there collecting dust, i might give it a shot one of these days

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 02/25/2015 8:32 am

hi no_hope :)

give it a try, it needs practice but very time efficient in my case compared to applying make up (which still makes it looks worse). I see from your profile pic, you have the ice pick n rolling scars?? that'd need more time to practice and apply imho. mine is a large hole next to my nose near the cheek bone. imagine how that looks with every angle of lightning >_< With dermaflage, i need even less than 5mnts to apply, sometimes it takes longer (u know one of those bad days) but the result is fantastic.

I receive this video from them for applying in larger areas. perhaps you've had a look at it too but I still post it here as it might help others too

missamua

that's very creative of you. but how's ur skin after covering it with the glue? i find dermaflage silicone is of a very good quality standard (but I only have one large hole to cover). it keeps my skin hole moist and even i feel that the hole looks shrinking after peeling it off. perhaps it's because of the silicone glued to the hole pushing it upwards a bit. I read somewhere that a veteran user here once in a while got breakout because of the coverage. I also never leave it for the whole day but I could understand it might be impractical for ppl w/ larger areas to cover.

MemberMember
(@donnajb)

Posted : 04/03/2015 4:15 pm

I just got it today and tried for about an hour and it looks pretty good. I have only one hole to cover and it looks better even when my work wasn't that great. I'm still figuring out makeup with it though because my scar is new and still pink. Feeling a big sigh of relief to have it work.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 04/03/2015 6:36 pm

hi no_hope :)

give it a try, it needs practice but very time efficient in my case compared to applying make up (which still makes it looks worse). I see from your profile pic, you have the ice pick n rolling scars?? that'd need more time to practice and apply imho. mine is a large hole next to my nose near the cheek bone. imagine how that looks with every angle of lightning >_< With dermaflage, i need even less than 5mnts to apply, sometimes it takes longer (u know one of those bad days) but the result is fantastic.

I receive this video from them for applying in larger areas. perhaps you've had a look at it too but I still post it here as it might help others too

missamua

that's very creative of you. but how's ur skin after covering it with the glue? i find dermaflage silicone is of a very good quality standard (but I only have one large hole to cover). it keeps my skin hole moist and even i feel that the hole looks shrinking after peeling it off. perhaps it's because of the silicone glued to the hole pushing it upwards a bit. I read somewhere that a veteran user here once in a while got breakout because of the coverage. I also never leave it for the whole day but I could understand it might be impractical for ppl w/ larger areas to cover.

Replying way late because I never saw your post, sorry! My skin is fine after covering it. I apply only the thinnest layer (two total). When I peel it off it also plumps the scar up for a while and it looks and feels so fresh and dewy. I use the texture pad from dermaflage to help give it a more realistic finish.

My only complaint with both dermaflage and eye lash glue i that they dont look great on camera. It looks like I applied too much makeup in area basically. I assume this is why dermaflage instructional videos are often in very odd lighting to help make it look more realistic.

I just got it today and tried for about an hour and it looks pretty good. I have only one hole to cover and it looks better even when my work wasn't that great. I'm still figuring out makeup with it though because my scar is new and still pink. Feeling a big sigh of relief to have it work.

Wearing makeup with dermaflage is difficult. I just apply a teeny tiny bit of powder, nothing else. Water based airbrush makeup also works well for me. I can use dinair airbrush makeup directly over it with no problems. :)

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 04/04/2015 12:22 am

missamua

i totally feel the same about the plumper, fresher and dewier of the scar after peeling Dermaflage off . in my case, I have 2 holes to cover, one of them is the main concern since it's a sizable indentation. but the other one is almost levelling up and just leave a ring mark. surprisingly, dermaflage suck up that ring formation and now it's barely there. it's as if there's a stimulation for the collagen growth underneath due to the 'sucking and sticking' by Dermaflage. I also like the moist n dewy feel after peeling it off. it convinces me that the silicone grade is out of question.

yes, it's quite hard to achieve the flawless look , at least in my case it looks like an acne spot instead of a hole and since the layering even has the plumping n moist effect, I have no concern leaving it whole day.