Notifications
Clear all

A Simple Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 06/29/2012 10:57 am

Ok so I've been on for 30 days @40mg/day and here is everything I noticed so far:

- All my blackheads are gone on my nose. They just kinda like pushed out on their own and never came back.

- All my new acne is contained to the area around my jawline.

- Around day 18 I think I got my initial breakout because boy was it BAD. I just woke up and was covered in new acne everywhere. I was working in a grocery store so it was pretty tough having to interact with so many people on a daily basis with my face looking so bad. About a week later it was significantly improved and now around day 30 it is looking a lot better. Marks are starting to fade, I haven't got any new acne in 3-4 days except for like 2-3 small whiteheads which are the least of my worries.

Feel free to ask anything or leave comments. I'll update on my status every week but I'll check for questions/comments daily.

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/05/2012 7:23 pm

So I'm on day 38 and approaching 1600mg so far.

For about the past week all my major acne has simply been healing up. I had a random breakout on my forehead but they went away pretty fast. In the morning when I wake up and check my face in the mirror it feels a lot better only getting a few tiny tiny whiteheads instead of the cystic kind of my past. I'm the clearest I've been in months. I only pray that the improvement continues everyday...Previously I mentioned that all the blackheads from my nose got pushed out, well now my cheeks are going through the same process lol. I'm pretty sure my back is too cause when I shower it has a weird texture but it's hard to see. I'm still getting a number of painful cysts on my chest and they hurt a lot more compared to before accutane. I'm also trying to be really careful with not touching them cause I've noticed they leave holes which turn into a dark spot. Never had this problem before accutane either. My back is greatly improved, there are just a few spots here and there and some tiny red ones more towards the shoulders.

Feel free to ask anything or leave comments. I'll update on my status every week but I'll check for questions/comments daily.

MemberMember
(@porcelainclover)

Posted : 07/05/2012 10:17 pm

Sounds like you're doing fine! I'm about a week behind you but you seem to be doing alot better! I can't wait for the day my blackheads do the same as yours did. :)

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/05/2012 11:12 pm

Sounds like you're doing fine! I'm about a week behind you but you seem to be doing alot better! I can't wait for the day my blackheads do the same as yours did. smile.png

Well it's so much better compared to my initial breakout. That was legit hell =( I went on accutane cause I knew my acne was pretty bad already and yet it made it like 10 times worse out of nowhere! It was kinda discouraging and I hated when people saw me like that. A coworker literally asked me "dude what happened to your face?" and I was like fml. Now I have a 3 day weekend to relax and let my face to keep healing and hopefully I'll be looking a lot better for school monday! Although I will say I've noticed that most people have a roller coaster ride on accutane. A period of breakout followed by a period of greatly reduced acne with each breakout being less and less bad. Someone has a really good graph of it with days and all lol. Sure I'm really happy about the improvements but if another breakout is in the near future then I won't be shocked at all. It's a long journey. As for the blackheads, I'm not sure when it happens to most people but if you start feeling a rough texture then it means they are rising out and eventually get pushed out. It's like an added bonus lol. I wonder how it works...

MemberMember
(@porcelainclover)

Posted : 07/06/2012 4:38 am

I'm really not looking forward to this so called roller coaster when I have to go to school.. Thank god its an all girls school! I've only just had my first breakout and here I was actually thinking I might be able to skip the whole "getting worse before it gets better" thing. That's sad what your coworker said, but don't worry about it - the greatness of accutane will have your skin looking so much better than theirs one day.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/06/2012 5:20 am

I'm on day 16 i guess, my IB is soooo bad x_X, I reallly don't know what to do..

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/06/2012 1:25 pm

I'm really not looking forward to this so called roller coaster when I have to go to school.. Thank god its an all girls school! I've only just had my first breakout and here I was actually thinking I might be able to skip the whole "getting worse before it gets better" thing. That's sad what your coworker said, but don't worry about it - the greatness of accutane will have your skin looking so much better than theirs one day.

Yea I mean it works different for everyone but that's the general trend. I don't want to have my mind set that I'm done breaking out this early in the course cause then I'll be disappointed if it happens. I think it depends a lot on the severity as well. I've seen some people use accutane with small amounts of acne and not even cystic and a lot of them don't get an initial breakout and after month 1 for the most part it's all downhill. I guess if you have more acne to begin with it's just more to purge throughout the course.

I'm on day 16 i guess, my IB is soooo bad x_X, I reallly don't know what to do..

Just know that it will all be over soon! I had to interact with people all day during my initial breakout. I just wanted to hide at home, it was horrible lol but the improvements I'm seeing already are giving me a lot of hope! I woke up again today with no new acne! Sometimes I wish I could just jump to day 150 but oh well, 1 day at a time....

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/07/2012 6:00 am

I know what u mean ;)).

Oh mean my dermatologist kinda sucks , I mean I want a higher dose but he said that we go on 30mg/day for 2 mouths and then we change,my God..

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/07/2012 12:20 pm

I know what u mean wink.png).

Oh mean my dermatologist kinda sucks , I mean I want a higher dose but he said that we go on 30mg/day for 2 mouths and then we change,my God..

From what I gather, the cummulative dose over the course of your treatment is more important than the daily dose. They have done studies with low dose accutane for 5 months (10/20mg) vs. normal/higher doses and both of them got rid of acne just as well. One thing though, the low dose group had less or milder side effects but they also had a greater number of patients start getting acne again after a while off the drug... while the higher dosed patients stayed clear long-term even when off. 30mg is fine! Most derms don't step up the dose until month 3 in general anyways =P

P.S. Idk if this is a weird coincidence but I have the same exact AM/PM regimen as you LoL. Those are the only 2 products I use haha.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/07/2012 12:30 pm

I know what u mean wink.png).

From what I gather, the cummulative dose over the course of your treatment is more important than the daily dose. They have done studies with low dose accutane for 5 months (10/20mg) vs. normal/higher doses and both of them got rid of acne just as well. One thing though, the low dose group had less or milder side effects but they also had a greater number of patients start getting acne again after a while off the drug... while the higher dosed patients stayed clear long-term even when off. 30mg is fine! Most derms don't step up the dose until month 3 in general anyways =P

P.S. Idk if this is a weird coincidence but I have the same exact AM/PM regimen as you LoL. Those are the only 2 products I use haha.

Thanks man!

LOL , those products rull man!

Hey, do you know if there would be any problem smokeing while on accutane?I mean not weed or something , just normal cigarette.

I'm asking you because if I ask anyone else they would say "yes , it is a problem" and mabye just because so I do smoke.

Give it to me staight.

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/07/2012 12:54 pm

Thanks man!

Hey, do you know if there would be any problem smokeing while on accutane?I mean not weed or something , just normal cigarette.

I'm asking you because if I ask anyone else they would say "yes , it is a problem" and mabye just because so I do smoke.

Give it to me staight.

It most likely won't affect your accutane course but all the other inherent issues with smoking such as lung cancer etc. will always be there. I'm not all too sure whether those risks are increased by being on accutane but just keep in mind that your body is generally more fatigued so it would be good to try and stay as healthy as possible.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 07/07/2012 1:24 pm

Am wishing you luck and praying you only get much better and better from here on out :-)

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/07/2012 1:50 pm

Thanks man!

Give it to me staight.

It most likely won't affect your accutane course but all the other inherent issues with smoking such as lung cancer etc. will always be there. I'm not all too sure whether those risks are increased by being on accutane but just keep in mind that your body is generally more fatigued so it would be good to try and stay as healthy as possible.

I know but I would kill for a smoke:((.

MemberMember
(@kennydewyze)

Posted : 07/08/2012 12:15 am

hey bud,

i am so happy to hear ur treatment is doing great!!!

me?.

on 19th pill.

i maybe havent seen any improvement, 40mg/day,

kinda sad.

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/08/2012 10:04 pm

hey bud,

i am so happy to hear ur treatment is doing great!!!

me?.

on 19th pill.

i maybe havent seen any improvement, 40mg/day,

kinda sad.

It's still really early in your course! Most people might take months to clear up but everyone is different in how they respond. Just have faith and look towards the future!

MemberMember
(@kennydewyze)

Posted : 07/09/2012 2:34 am

thanks bro!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 07/09/2012 8:58 am

Thanks man!

Give it to me staight.

Hey, I have still been smoking since starting accutane and wouldn't say it has affected me. Ofcourse you will still have all the risks that smoking brings but obviously you will know this.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/09/2012 9:10 am

Thanks man!

Give it to me staight.

Hey, I have still been smoking since starting accutane and wouldn't say it has affected me. Ofcourse you will still have all the risks that smoking brings but obviously you will know this.

Thanks for the tip!I already bought Marlboro but only 8 left x.x

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/15/2012 7:39 pm

Ok Day 48

I havn't got any new acne for about 2-3 days now but right before that I had another mini-breakout, nothing horrible like my initial breakout but definitely noticeable. Now that all the redness and irritation is disappearing I'm starting to see where the scars are gonna be. It might seem a bit unorthodox but I've actually been using neosporin to help with the healing and help prevent scarring. I definitely notice that it helps with the healing time but I guess we'll see. I try not to use it too much cause it has some oils and I've heard it can clog pores etc. So yea... things definitely seem like they are going in a positive direction, I only wish I had started so much sooner lol....

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 09/12/2012 3:41 pm

Day 107

Yikes time really flew by... I'm all clear and smooth now but the scarring I have is still healing around the jawline. I hope it fades to a great extent but if not, well then at least I don't have any pimples!

I stepped my dose up from 40mg to 60mg after day 90 and all I noticed was my lips got drier for a few days but no breakouts or anything. I have about 2600mg to finish up but we'll see where I stand in another 2 months. It takes time but this stuff truly works! The change is quite dramatic and one day it will just hit you. You'll stop getting new acne and evrything is downhill from there!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:30 am

can you post some photographs of you, before using accutane and now? I just started a 6 months course yesterday and I'm on 20mg/day for 1 month.