Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GirlInterrupter

Question For Roaccutane Users: Regarding Water On The Skin/favoured Face Wash.

What face wash would you recommend for the shower? Does anybody else here just use water? I'm thinking perhaps it may be bad just to use water alone as the face can't be being cleaned properly, right? Any product I use on the skin only breaks me out and am just wondering if there is a face wash favoured by Roaccutane users?

For anyone in the UK, I would recommend the Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Face Wash followed by the Simple Kind To Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser

I also use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I'm not sure where you live but if you stay in the UK then you can get it from Costco for £18. It seems it expensive but that's for two huuuuuge bottles that'll last you several months - so in the long run, it's pretty cheap.

I just use water- I figure if the medication is doing the hard work then using otc products which havent worked well in the past is pretty redundant. I may be wrong, but to the OP- I'm fairly certain water itself is enough to clean your face. The main thing is getting a good moisturiser, something quite rich, which will be effective throughout the day.

I just use water- I figure if the medication is doing the hard work then using otc products which havent worked well in the past is pretty redundant. I may be wrong, but to the OP- I'm fairly certain water itself is enough to clean your face. The main thing is getting a good moisturiser, something quite rich, which will be effective throughout the day.

I have been using water also for the past week and a half on Roaccutane. I only fear coming off it and then having to wash my face, and wash off my make-up with something that may break me out.

I have been using water also for the past week and a half on Roaccutane. I only fear coming off it and then having to wash my face, and wash off my make-up with something that may break me out.

Cool. My understanding of accutane (and I am by no means a scientist, scientifically minded or even slightly intelligent) is that it shrinks you pores and reduces sebum production, which in turn makes you less prone to breaking out (and in some cases stops it completely). Hopefully, post accutane, breaking out as a result of washing your face shouldn't be an issue, unless you have an allergic reaction.

If you just use hypo-allegenic products with no alcohol etc.. there should be no adverse facial reaction. It's worth getting stuff that has "non-comedogenic" on the side if you are worried about break outs.

Cool. My understanding of accutane (and I am by no means a scientist, scientifically minded or even slightly intelligent) is that it shrinks you pores and reduces sebum production, which in turn makes you less prone to breaking out (and in some cases stops it completely). Hopefully, post accutane, breaking out as a result of washing your face shouldn't be an issue, unless you have an allergic reaction.

If you just use hypo-allegenic products with no alcohol etc.. there should be no adverse facial reaction. It's worth getting stuff that has "non-comedogenic" on the side if you are worried about break outs.

Sounds good, can you recommend anything? Do you go SLS free or is that the same as non-comedogenic?

I'd not heard of SLS free before, I've not made a conscious decision to avoid it although, despite my ignorance, it's possible I have managed to regardless!

For a moisturiser I use this stuff, although it's marketed toward men. I also bought some Cetaphil with SPF 15, but I try to avoid using it unless it is really sunny- watch out around the eye area- it really stings if you rub it there.

Edited by mwfn