Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeanJJ125

Help Relieve My Cyst! Please

So basically, as the title indicates, I have a majorly painful cyst on my chest. It happens to occur in the same relative place as other cysts, and I want to know what I can use on it. Would tea tree oil help? I have been told a warm compress may help, or a teabag as well. If tea tree oil would help, should I dilute it first? Any suggestions are welcome, the cyst is very hard, red and painful and often time the cyst will come back after almost going away for whatever reason.

Topicals don't usually help with cysts, so putting TTO on it probably won't do much. However, I recently had a cyst which I put salicylic acid on and that seemed to help! So, maybe topical treatments can sometimes help with cysts? Try it. The SA I have is from Origins. It's like a blue gel and comes in a tiny tiny bottle. It has 1.5% SA in it. Be patient and gentle with it. Cysts usually just need time, lots an lots of it, unfortunately.

OH, also, compresses are suggested a lot for cysts. I used to do this with a horrible, long lasting cyst I had on my face. Make sure the water is warm, not hot. I used hot, hot water on mine and I think it just made it more inflamed.

And you asked if you should dilute TTO. YES! Some people use TTO full strength but I never have been able to. I can use TTO full strength on a qtip as a spot treatment and thats really it. If you ever use it on your entire face dilute a couple of drops of it with water :)

Topicals don't usually help with cysts, so putting TTO on it probably won't do much. However, I recently had a cyst which I put salicylic acid on and that seemed to help! So, maybe topical treatments can sometimes help with cysts? Try it. The SA I have is from Origins. It's like a blue gel and comes in a tiny tiny bottle. It has 1.5% SA in it. Be patient and gentle with it. Cysts usually just need time, lots an lots of it, unfortunately.

OH, also, compresses are suggested a lot for cysts. I used to do this with a horrible, long lasting cyst I had on my face. Make sure the water is warm, not hot. I used hot, hot water on mine and I think it just made it more inflamed.

And you asked if you should dilute TTO. YES! Some people use TTO full strength but I never have been able to. I can use TTO full strength on a qtip as a spot treatment and thats really it. If you ever use it on your entire face dilute a couple of drops of it with water smile.png

Proudly I can say that my face has cleared up after years of struggling with acne, but it came back all over my upper chest and back. :(

I've been managing by cutting out all processed foods and it has helped a ton, but I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation and a few very inflamed pimples/cysts that just don't seem to want to go away. I'm going to try the tea tree oil on one or two particular spots and just experiment with the results. Thank you for the advice on the warm compress, though. If I had salicylic acid I would use it now, but I might have to go pick some up this weekend.

I'm so glad you're face cleared up! That's awesome. Sucks though that you're chest and back are still acting up. Try the TTO, it definitely will not hurt. But the thing with cysts is they are under a layer of skin, so topical treatments aren't that great. I'm sure you already know all this though :)

Glad I could help. Update us on what works and if you get some SA.

Thanks! It's not totally cleared, I'll get a pimple or two occasionally and sometimes along my neck (broke out recently, I think it was because I got horrible sleep for like 5 days in a row), but I can definitely manage it. I tried the TTO, hopefully it works out, but the SA sounds like a good plan, is there anything I should know when purchasing it, such as what strength or type (gel, cream, etc.)?

After using the TTO, I noticed that I THINK it may be working on the cyst, if ever so slightly. On top of that, I started experimenting with TOO more (I've had it for so long, why did I not do this sooner?), and I believe it is actually making my PIH slightly less red. Is this common? It also seems to help in drying out and speeding up the healing process of small pimples. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had the same results when using TTO on body acne.