Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne is ruining my life and causing me to be so stressed and depressed. I am trying everything and don't know what else to do. I had some acne as a teenager due to oily skin, but it was only a bump here and there. After I reached my early twenties my skin was great. I'd get a bump every once in a while, but it was no big deal. That all changed last year, though. I'm 26 years old and have been battling what to me seems like severe acne on my cheeks. I was under a lot of stress and have been a mess, so I think it might be hormonal. I've been dealing with panic attacks and depression in general, and I know my acne isn't helping at all.

Mainly it's a bunch of bumps on my cheeks. It's not one or two large cyst at a time, it's basically a whole bunch of small to medium sized cyst that clump up together on my cheeks. I try covering it with makeup when I go out and I feel like there is no point, because they almost show up more (sans the redness). It's terrible and SO depressing for me. I've tried so many things over the past year. It's actually a little better now (which is sad, because it's abysmal). I started using a Clarisonic, but it's been hit or miss. It helps, but I think it spreads it too. I've been using BHA gel and noticed some improvement, but now enough.

Also, I want to point out (which you can probably see in the pics) that my skin is NOT oily. It is VERY VERY dry, which makes things so difficult for me when trying different products. I'm scared to try the Acne.org regimen because I hear of it drying skin, and it would just make mine a mess.

I have no idea how to fix this. Please help, I'm at my whit's end. sad.png

Pics with makeup on (pathetic, I know :/):

29nvu9y.jpg

(worst side)

jtwe14.jpg

(side that is trying to clear up, but still bad)

Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. :/ As you can see, my skin is dry and flaky and it's still really bad. I don't know what else to do.

Going to see a derm an option? Also that makeup could be clogging your pores making your skin worse. Do some research on that.

Edited by Murph89

Going to see a derm an option? Also that makeup could be clogging your pores making your skin worse. Do some research on that.

I guess I have no other option, I was just hoping to find other alternatives since I don't have insurance. The makeup isn't doing it, I don't wear it that often and I have tried different ones to ensure it wasn't. I wore makeup every day in my late teens/ early twenties and never had acne problems then. Pretty sure it's hormonal.

I guess I have no other option, I was just hoping to find other alternatives since I don't have insurance. The makeup isn't doing it, I don't wear it that often and I have tried different ones to ensure it wasn't. I wore makeup every day in my late teens/ early twenties and never had acne problems then. Pretty sure it's hormonal.

Derm appt should be between 100-200$ depending on your area without insurance and u can ask about Birth control if it's hormonal.

There are other options such as benzyol peroxide, salicylic acid, and retinoids (derm prescribed). Those make your skin even more dry so you will need a great moisturizer.

Edited by Murph89

If you don't have insurance, give the Oil Cleansing Method a try. It has helped people who have acne and dry skin. Google Oil Cleansing Method.

I did OCM for a while and it seemed to help some. (Not everything, since my acne is mainly hormonal). I used a mixture of 75% jojoba oil and 25% castor oil.

I am also 26 and still dealing with this horribleness!! Last September I broke out badly on my cheeks as well (I had NEVER broken out on my cheeks at all before then) and the only thing that cleared it was Doxycycline, the antibiotic. I was on it for only a couple of months and I pretty much cleared completely, however, of course my acne came back, just not on my cheeks anymore.

Usually, hormonal acne occurs on the chin, so I don't think this is hormonal. How much water do you drink? How do you eat? What products do you use?

Hi hun. I feel your pain, especially as a girl.

I suggest only wearing makeup when you really need to, like when you're going out. I stay home alot lately while my skin is healing.

Anyhow, since your skin is very dry, I suggest getting a really good moisturiser, and before putting makeup get a moisturser base, that protects against environmental harm.

I also suggest trying the glycolic acid lotion that is suggested on here, it really helps in smoothing the skin and exfoliating, it could really help with dry spots.

Thank you all SO much for your input. I was pretty much at my wit's end. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on acne products with no luck. I know some of you must be able to relate, and it SUCKS.

I've been really scared to try BP, despite all the rave reviews the Acne.org Regimen has received. However, at my local Wal Mart I caved and bought a 10% BP cream from Clearasil that was said to work in as little as 4 hours. My biggest fear is that my skin would severely dry out, because it is already dry to begin with. However, I used it anyway and noticed a DRAMATIC difference in just one day. I also started using Jojoba oil that I ordered from this website, and it made my skin so soft, which was very refreshing since my face was always so dry and painful. The BP pretty much surfaced all the deep acne I had overnight, and now there are just some red marks and little scabs that need to clear up. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but at this rate, my skin will be completely clear in about a week. I am SO THRILLED.

I went ahead and ordered a bit bottle of BP here from Acne.org so I will be well supplied. I'm guessing my skin didn't get irritated by it since I have been training it on my clarisonic and BHA for over a month now. So excited to see how this progresses. I really hope it keeps this up, because I am so encouraged right now.

It's crazy how much acne can bring you down. I was so depressed before, it was killing me. I'm already feeling much better and hope and pray it progresses.

My acne looked a lot like that about 3 years ago, yet I have pretty moist skin that becomes extremely oily in the summer (I live in the South). My acne was hormonal, and I think based on the location of your bumps, your acne is, too.

Like Rheks said, please do not use makeup any more than is absolutely necessary. When I had cystic acne, I covered it with layers and layers of foundation, and it was a big mistake.

I am using 10% BP during the A.M. now that I have my cystic acne under control, and am going through cosmetic treatments for the scarring, but I really recommend that you see a derm if your acne does not significantly improve over the course of 30 days.

All the best,

Cherry

Glad the BP and jojoba are working for you. I would switch to a 2.5% BP when you can. When I used 10% it was a great for a week or two and then my skin FREAKED out. 10% is VERY strong and drying. It actually does not have any more antibacterial power than 2.5%...just more drying power.

Becareful of the cleansers you use, some just make it worse....my skin improved after i stopped using spectro jel cleanser.

Havent touched a cleanser since

Thank you all SO much for your input. I was pretty much at my wit's end. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on acne products with no luck. I know some of you must be able to relate, and it SUCKS.

I've been really scared to try BP, despite all the rave reviews the Acne.org Regimen has received. However, at my local Wal Mart I caved and bought a 10% BP cream from Clearasil that was said to work in as little as 4 hours. My biggest fear is that my skin would severely dry out, because it is already dry to begin with. However, I used it anyway and noticed a DRAMATIC difference in just one day. I also started using Jojoba oil that I ordered from this website, and it made my skin so soft, which was very refreshing since my face was always so dry and painful. The BP pretty much surfaced all the deep acne I had overnight, and now there are just some red marks and little scabs that need to clear up. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but at this rate, my skin will be completely clear in about a week. I am SO THRILLED.

I went ahead and ordered a bit bottle of BP here from Acne.org so I will be well supplied. I'm guessing my skin didn't get irritated by it since I have been training it on my clarisonic and BHA for over a month now. So excited to see how this progresses. I really hope it keeps this up, because I am so encouraged right now.

It's crazy how much acne can bring you down. I was so depressed before, it was killing me. I'm already feeling much better and hope and pray it progresses.

It's great to hear that the BP is working for you! I wasn't so sucessful with it, as it did dry the hell out of my skin and caused even more problems for me.

I hope it works for you in the long run, but I would suggest gently exfoliating, as alot of dead skin does pile up with BP usage I noticed. Something like glycolic acid lotion, which is very moisturising and gentle exfoliates :)