Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanTheMan123

Can Someone Explain Jojoba Oil?

I've heard a lot about it but I can't seem to get a clear answer on what exactly it helps with and more importantly how to use it. Is there any particular type of jojoba oil I should get? And how/when do you use it and to what end? Thanks a bunch

It's a moisturizer similar to human sebum. Good for flaky skin. Desert essence is a good brand that can be found in a bunch of places. Ive never used it. I use emu oil.

Read the reviews on this website

Edited by Murph89

It is primarily used as a cleanser.

Some people are discovering that drying their skin out with conventional acne products does not improve their acne long-term. Instead, they use the Oil Cleansing Method. When they start cleansing with oils, the trapped sebum in their pores starts to come out on its own. Sort of giving the gunk your skin something slippery to slide out with.

I tried OCM for a while. It did seem to help my nose blackheads come out. Do a google search for Oil Cleansing Method. I used a mixture of 75% jojoba oil and 25% castor oil.