Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KATE75

I Love This Forum!

I've never started a thread on this forum before but I feel like I have to do so today just to say a big Thank You to all of you who take the time to post your own experiences of all the various types of acne scar treatment out there today.

I have spent the last few months researching this forum (and other websites) and reading all the reviews on scar treatments in order to be better prepared when I had my long awaited consultation with one of the supposedly "best " Plastic Surgeons in the city I live in.

When I had my consultation with him yesterday, I patiently listened to him tell me about all the various scar treatments available to me. Luckily because of you guys sharing your photos and experiences I already had a pretty good idea of the treatment I was hoping he would suggest for the rolling scars on both sides of my chin - subcision.

This PS actually told me that "rolling scars are not suitable for subcision"!!! He then told me if he did subcision it would just create more scars - I told him the research I had done showed that subcision was considered one of the best treatments for the type of scars I have and I thought only excision left a small scar? He completely disagreed and refused to do subcision. Instead he told me I needed the Erbium (pixel) laser on a medium setting. When I told him that I wasn't keen on lasers and from what I had read the Fraxel: Repair is the one that gives best results he said he had never heard of such a laser!

Needless to say I won't be going back. It cost £100 just for the initial consultation and i really got the feeling this guy was just out to extort as much money as he possibly could from me. In fact he doesn't even do the laser treatment himself he has a "laser therapist" do it who is neither a doctor or a nurse.

If it wasn't for all of you providing such helpful information on a daily basis I know I would have been completely suckered in by this doctor. So once again THANK YOU!!!

I've never started a thread on this forum before but I feel like I have to do so today just to say a big Thank You to all of you who take the time to post your own experiences of all the various types of acne scar treatment out there today.

I have spent the last few months researching this forum (and other websites) and reading all the reviews on scar treatments in order to be better prepared when I had my long awaited consultation with one of the supposedly "best " Plastic Surgeons in the city I live in.

When I had my consultation with him yesterday, I patiently listened to him tell me about all the various scar treatments available to me. Luckily because of you guys sharing your photos and experiences I already had a pretty good idea of the treatment I was hoping he would suggest for the rolling scars on both sides of my chin - subcision.

This PS actually told me that "rolling scars are not suitable for subcision"!!! He then told me if he did subcision it would just create more scars - I told him the research I had done showed that subcision was considered one of the best treatments for the type of scars I have and I thought only excision left a small scar? He completely disagreed and refused to do subcision. Instead he told me I needed the Erbium (pixel) laser on a medium setting. When I told him that I wasn't keen on lasers and from what I had read the Fraxel: Repair is the one that gives best results he said he had never heard of such a laser!

Needless to say I won't be going back. It cost £100 just for the initial consultation and i really got the feeling this guy was just out to extort as much money as he possibly could from me. In fact he doesn't even do the laser treatment himself he has a "laser therapist" do it who is neither a doctor or a nurse.

If it wasn't for all of you providing such helpful information on a daily basis I know I would have been completely suckered in by this doctor. So once again THANK YOU!!!

That guy sounds like a total quack doctor. As you have seen on this forum subcision and fraxel repair have been touted as some of the best treatments to date. When a doctor only has so many instruments or skills at his disposal, he tends to be biased towards the other options.

Good to hear you didn't fall for this doctor! This forum has been an incredible resource for me as well. Truly grateful for it and all who have taken the time to contribute.

I love it, too! I've learned so much in just the brief amount of time that I have been a member on this forum. And I cannot express enough how grateful I am to those who have taken the time to answer my questions.

since you live in Glasgow go to skinfx clinic and see if can do recell treatment