Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paleoistheanswer

Cured My Acne, Even After Still Getting Breakouts On Paleo

I am now taking probiotics and drinking kefir to much success. Thread Re-opened.

I started Paleo once about a year ago, but didn't follow through because the first week my skin showed little improvement, I felt it actually got worse.Ever since my sophomore year in high school, I have been interested in health, nutrition, and alternative medicine. One week before prom back in april, I began paleo. I read stories of other people clearing up completely, and after two months, I wondered what the hell I could be doing wrong. I had read in various threads all this crap about, "find out what you're allergic to". The entire time I put that off for multiple reasons 1. I'm a healthy individual, why would I be sensitive to anything? (seriously though I've kept in good physical shape all my life, never had any allergenic attacks either, so I assumed my body was god against all allergies.) 2. If I was allergenic, I would have noticed, and why would allergies cause breakouts.

I have been eating almonds since my Freshmen year in high school. I began eating almonds to clear up my face, for their vitamin e content. Only .2% to .5% of the worlds population is known to be allergic to almonds. Of all the crazy things. I drank almond milk in the morning every morning, I mixed it into my berry smoothie. I ate plain almonds as a snack at school occasionally. I ate almond butter as a snack after I gave up my smoothies and for some reason, got stomachaches often after eating plain old almonds. I would get occasional bad feelings after almnd consumption for years, but I didnt notice it or connect it to almonds once.

Tl;Dr: Your allergies could be something you've been eating for years without noticing because it is so subtle.

Pictures of success at bottom of post

The Diet

I started eating only meat, eggs, seeafood, nuts, vegetables,fruits, and coconut and olive oil around april. My diet was restricted to these things, unlike some people I included sweet potatos to no harm, and I even cheated every once in a while to no problems. A month in on the diet I discovered another users post about not drinking water until 2 hours after eating or 2 hours before. I adopted this for awhile and saw positive changes, this is neccesarry for anyone with weak digestion. Now that I'm clear I can get away with just not drinking any water with my meal or maybe half a glass. No wheat, no dairy, no soy.

The Diet: Two weeks in

Now your body is getting used to paleo. And you're pooping all that grain that was stuck in you out. You're buying TP buy the pound at walgreens daily. You've got enough energy to play with small children.

Now we must do what took me so long, find out what you are alllergic to. When I cut out almonds my skin actually got worse for about three days, then cleared up completely. Your body is in a mode where it is used to dealing with the allergens you are feeding it so when they no longer enter the body, it needs a little time to adjust, and it also releases the remaining toxins of the food.

First, Cut out nuts, you can get enough fat from oils and meat. After a week, you may have broken out and now your skin is doing better. Avoid whatever nuts you were consuming before and try to find out which ones are ok. NO PEANUTS. NO. THEY ARE LEGUMES MY CHILD. NOT NUTS.

Cited from Wikipedia to make it easier for you

foods containing allergenic proteins include soy, wheat, fish, shellfish, fruits, vegetables, spices, synthetic and natural colors, and chemical additives.

the most common food allergies are allergies to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, seafood, shellfish, soy and wheat.

I know one guy who broke out off a certain food coloring.

The Lowdown

This diet basically forced me to shop at whole foods. WHEN BUYING MEAT, DONT TOUCH THOSE LITTLE DELI HILLSHIRE FARM CUTS, THAT SHIT IS WHITE DEVIL DEMONOLOGY AND CONTAINS SO MANY PERSERVATIVES AND NITRATES.

When you are starting paleo, you gotta take out the food additives and preservatives. They arent natural and your body has no idea what to do with them. I buy applegate hamburgers, sausage, and turkey burgers for my meat, and I buy their uncured hotdogs for my refrigerated meat. I buy Air chicken organic pastured chicken at harris teeter. Focus on organic and natural produce. Buy mostly organic produce, wild seafood like salmon and tilapia or halibut.

Dem hawt links

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

My favorite paleo site by far

http://robbwolf.com/...the-paleo-diet/

for the chart on what you can and cant eat.

END WORD

I dont feel like summing the whole paleo diet up because everyone in holistic has heard of it by now and you have google. But dont eat sugar, legumes, bread, muffins, rice, pasta, pastries, and wheat product. and for gods sakes, not dairy. Legums dont include green beans, green beans are the bomb.com

Edited by Paleoistheanswer

Thanks for this, I have refused to accept that nuts have an effect on my skin, and it may very well be why Paleo does not appear to work for me. I make almond nut bread and biscuits and eat vast amounts of cashews everyday. And I have small whitehead break-outs every single day. I love nuts, mmm...

Edited by Lilo

Thanks for this, I have refused to accept that nuts have an effect on my skin, and it may very well be why Paleo does not appear to work for me. I make almond nut bread and biscuits and eat vast amounts of cashews everyday. And I have small whitehead break-outs every single day. I love nuts, mmm...

Lilo maybe Paleo didn't work completely because we ate common food allergies like nuts or eggs. When I was eating only fish with vegetables and cut all common food allergies I had 100% clean skin lol tongue.png I have to try this diet again.

btw Paleoistheanswer you look great now smile.png

Edited by Bartek15555

Congrats! Nuts mess a lot of people up, those things are dangerous; especially the way they're packaged and processed today to stop us getting full when we should be. Even a handful of nuts will somehow find a way to avoid digestion and appear engraved in my shit nuggets for the next week. I don't even consider them food anymore.

You may be right Bartek, I have never managed to give either one up for more than a few days thus far. I hope milled flax is OK, it's the only thing that keeps me regular. I'm contemplating the fish and veggies thing, sick and tired of my skin, it makes me depressed.

Yeah I denied it for forever too, cause I was like Almonds? hell no they're so healthy. I recently cheated and ate a hamburger, hahaha I broke out more than usual, I was completely clear prior. I realized that the digestive enyzymes my stomach probably used to have for breaking down grain are probably dead. Thus taking long breaks from grain then eating just a serving can mess you up. I almost thinking cheating with dairy would not be as bad because it contains enyzymes, but I rarely, rarely cheat anyways.

Lilo maybe Paleo didn't work completely because we ate common food allergies like nuts or eggs. When I was eating only fish with vegetables and cut all common food allergies I had 100% clean skin lol tongue.png I have to try this diet again.

btw Paleoistheanswer you look great now smile.png

Thanks man! I've cut out most allergies but I love eggs. I may try cutting them out today, havent had my usual bigass breakfast of 5 eggs 5 sausage and applesauce.

hardcore, 5 eggs for breakfast biggrin.png Can you tell me Paleoistheanswer what you eat? Your food menu for every single day? smile.png btw I'm 2 days on paleo and i'm 90% clean now, maybe because I cut eggs, meat, ham, grains, gluten, dairy, soy lol...biggrin.png I'm eating fish, vegetables , bananas :D

Edited by Bartek15555

hardcore, 5 eggs for breakfast biggrin.png Can you tell me Paleoistheanswer what you eat? Your food menu for every single day? smile.png btw I'm 2 days on paleo and i'm 90% clean now, maybe because I cut eggs, meat, ham, grains, gluten, dairy, soy lol...biggrin.png I'm eating fish, vegetables , bananas biggrin.png

Usually eggs and sausage for breakfast, along with the eggs somtimes being replaced by blueberries and a banana. Lunch is usually either wild sardins (canned) in olive oil, an applegate hamburger, an applegate hotdog, chicken breast, or dinner leftovers. Dinner usually consist of the same, each meal may havfe some kale sauteed in olive oil, and usually one or both includes broccoli, green beans cauliflower carrots peppers or onions. sometimes i drink organic vegetable juice, and I eat sundried tomatos or 85% dark chocolate as a little relief occasionally. That was a damn mouthful but it's a fairly simple diet. People argue over Sweet potatos, I love the things.

For the time being, I'd like to declare this thread in a sort of limbo, my acne has retunred out of nowhere, not as bad as it usually is, and may be due to 2 days of heat exhuastionn and bad digestion, but I am looking into a lot of things by white fox and brenton involving probiotics and repairing the stomach.

No rice? I have been eating rice and I am still clear! No new breakouts.

Rice doesn't have gluten like wheat, and it's very easy to digest for me. I don't have to eat rice but to maintain a weight I'd need to eat alot of it.

For those of you who are trying to not lose weight here is the key.

Get up early, and skip breakfast! Skip breakfast and actually start working out. What happens is, when you are starving and are working out, your body naturally slows your metabolism down which makes it perfect for gaining weight.

Then at around 11:00 AM, eat lots and lots and lots of meal. Eat as much as you can. The key is to eat less frequent but big meals. Because that is the most efficient saving us calories and not burning much calories. Imagine how much enzyme and calories your organs have to use if we always put something in our mouth every 15 min. Thus it increases your metabolism

During the time, if you can take a nap! Naps would slow your metabolism, also so the food you just ate would be turning into stored fat instead of being burned off.

You'll actually feel soo full that you wouldn't want to eat anything more anyways. Then at around 6 or 7 o clock have another big meal. I like to include bowl of rice with fish, or chicken drumstick and then vegetables.

At night, sleep early and avoid artificial lights. Also drink water ONLY after you finish eating all your meal.