Notifications
Clear all

Dermarolling Rolling Scars?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 06/27/2012 10:58 pm

so i had horrible cystic acne all over when i was a teen that left my face cratered bad ...anyway i was using a 1.5mm dermaroller now a 2mm dermaroller every sunday night for the last month and a half ...i only use moisterizer after and no numbing cream during ...i have really sundamaged (allways worked outside) skin so it was pretty tough leathery type skin with huge pores ....anyway my skin is looking so much better i wish i had photos of b4 i started and now i think it looks better anyway ...i have whitish bumps on my jawline thats allways been there since the cystic acne ...is rolling every week to much ? i have redish skin on mondays but its not that bad ...will dermarolling these rolling scars do the trick ?i'll post what my skin looks like now but will have to search for old pics i doubt i have any from b4 i started but will update this monthly and u can be the judge ...i honestly roll my skin weekly because the scars looks so much better when my cheeks are swollen but can i damage them this way?

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 06/27/2012 11:02 pm

In theory yes you will damage your skin, for 1.5mm dermaroller you have to wait minimum 4 weeks. Your face is in a permanent state of inflammation. I say in theory because there is a guy who roll every week and say his skin is ok. http://www.raysderma...et products.htm

For sundamaged skin you must use Retin A for years.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 06/27/2012 11:35 pm

my skin looks so much healthier over all since i've start even the pigment anyway here some pics

rightcheek.jpg

1-29-2013_zpsb5f7b0a1.jpg
1-29-20132_zpsf66361a7.jpg

NEWEST PIC after using dermastamp and roller 2mm wish my skin would stay this way

i used green cream for about a year but havne't lately mainly because of money ...i can't afford any procedures and dating girls really isn't that big of a deal so i can live with the scars but honesly like to get rid of them ...i'm gonna roll for awhile and keep posted ...these pics look ALLOT better then when i started but maybe the swelling ...

more questions ...my beard has never grew in i blamed it on the cycstic acne i had it really bad when i was teen ...is there a chance it ever will i'm 35 now ? and if u were gonna have anything done what would you do?

btw i was reading on some german ? website where they are using a suction method or vaccum to help pull out the scars ...can't member the addy ...

updated 3/29/13

retin a really starting to pay off ...going to do a 25% tca peel in a week or so

newleft_zps9a97400b.jpg

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 06/28/2012 1:01 am

Here is the link: Subcision - suction method for acne scars

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 06/28/2012 5:14 pm

has anyone tried it?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/01/2012 5:30 pm

i updated my photo the new is right afterdermarolling for the 7th week in a row

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 07/01/2012 6:17 pm

Rob:

Yes, I used the subcision/suction method during my last subcision procedure and had great results on my left cheek.

My thread is here:

/> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/232731-man-in-the-mirror-pre-and-post-subcision-photos/page__pid__3261263__st__240#entry3261263

I would not recommend doing dermarolling on a weekly basis but only once every six weeks or 42 days in order for the skin to heal itself.

You appear to have classic rolling scars that should respond well to subcision coupled with dermarolling.

If you have pigmentation issues, chemical peels may help you there.

You seemed very determined to improve your scarring and that is one of the keys to success: tenacity.

It may take more than one procedure and time is your best friend.

Best wishes to you.

Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/01/2012 7:03 pm

my skin doesn't really react that harsh from the dermarolling is i guess why it doesn't bother me so much ....i guess i do need to take more time in between though !

MemberMember
(@optimist_smiley)

Posted : 07/02/2012 1:50 am

so i had horrible cystic acne all over when i was a teen that left my face cratered bad ...anyway i was using a 1.5mm dermaroller now a 2mm dermaroller every sunday night for the last month and a half ...i only use moisterizer after and no numbing cream during ...i have really sundamaged (allways worked outside) skin so it was pretty tough leathery type skin with huge pores ....anyway my skin is looking so much better i wish i had photos of b4 i started and now i think it looks better anyway ...i have whitish bumps on my jawline thats allways been there since the cystic acne ...is rolling every week to much ? i have redish skin on mondays but its not that bad ...will dermarolling these rolling scars do the trick ?i'll post what my skin looks like now but will have to search for old pics i doubt i have any from b4 i started but will update this monthly and u can be the judge ...i honestly roll my skin weekly because the scars looks so much better when my cheeks are swollen but can i damage them this way?

...is rolling every week to much ?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should be rolling that often. It is recommended to stay out of sun as much as possible after rolling (usually 10 days after rolling. It's not completely possible to avoid sun, but I do my best to stay indoors). You may actually be damaging your skin by not allowing it to heal and constantly exposing it to sun. I usually needle and stamp my scars when I know I won't be out in the sun for a week.

...will dermarolling these rolling scars do the trick ?

There are different scar types and dermarolling (needling and stamping in my case) does help to varying degrees in different types of scars. I have done this 3 times in the last 6 months of 2011 and once this year.

• Texture and has improved and redness from scars is fading at a faster rate after I started needling/stamping
  • Rolling scars appear less wavy.
  • Boxcar scars have also shown improvement. One really stubborn acne inflammation that lasted for several months left a deep boxcar scar. After needling/stamping, the central part has risen up and looks like normal skin, but the periphery of the scar is still tethered, appearing like someone had scratched it with a needle.
  • My icepick scars mostly look like enlarged pores. Some of the pores seem to have shrunk in size, but it's not a huge improvement as the other two types.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/02/2012 3:47 pm

...is rolling every week to much ?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should be rolling that often. It is recommended to stay out of sun as much as possible after rolling (usually 10 days after rolling. It's not completely possible to avoid sun, but I do my best to stay indoors). You may actually be damaging your skin by not allowing it to heal and constantly exposing it to sun. I usually needle and stamp my scars when I know I won't be out in the sun for a week.

...will dermarolling these rolling scars do the trick ?

There are different scar types and dermarolling (needling and stamping in my case) does help to varying degrees in different types of scars. I have done this 3 times in the last 6 months of 2011 and once this year.

• Texture and has improved and redness from scars is fading at a faster rate after I started needling/stamping
  • Rolling scars appear less wavy.
  • Boxcar scars have also shown improvement. One really stubborn acne inflammation that lasted for several months left a deep boxcar scar. After needling/stamping, the central part has risen up and looks like normal skin, but the periphery of the scar is still tethered, appearing like someone had scratched it with a needle.
  • My icepick scars mostly look like enlarged pores. Some of the pores seem to have shrunk in size, but it's not a huge improvement as the other two types.

I really wanna try the stamping i have a few scars that i'd like to just treat instead of doin my entire face ...where did u get your stamp any recommendations....and i been tryin to stay outta the sun and i wear sunscreen when i have to

MemberMember
(@optimist_smiley)

Posted : 07/03/2012 2:51 am

where did u get your stamp any recommendations

I used a 2mm dermastamp and it came in a box just like this [Removed]

I ordered it online from [Removed]

I've also seen a lot of dermastamps on other online retail websites like ebay that sell dermastamps like the that I have (orangish/yellow colored or pee colored handle. I suck at describing colors :)).

MemberMember
(@scarsbegonedamnit)

Posted : 07/03/2012 1:53 pm

I am doing the derma rolling. I am blogging about it on this site. I have done it one time at the doctors and havent noticed a thing at all. it's been one week.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/03/2012 4:17 pm

i'd do it for a year then check the results homeslice

i just checked ur blog and you have perfect skin ....

MemberMember
(@scarsbegonedamnit)

Posted : 07/03/2012 4:20 pm

Why would it take a whole year? I don't get it

MemberMember
(@scarsbegonedamnit)

Posted : 07/10/2012 10:05 pm

rob...you think i have perfect skin? are you being serious?

I have a lot of scarring. and for a girl it's always a lot worse. men can have some scarrring and it looks "rugged". we look like cracked out hookers - it's unfair :(

I am really really really glad dermarolling worked for you guys. I wish it did something for me. It has been two weeks and i look... how can i put it? like i am homeless? like i have lived a rough life for years? i dont know but i seem to look haggard. I also got broken capillaries on my nose and under eyes. is this normal? I'm not doing it again. I'm too terified. should i be sticking with it or running for cover?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/17/2012 4:21 pm

put a new pic in :-d

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:13 pm

First of all, the scars do not look bad on you at all.

I think you're rolling way too much. According to everything I've read, you're supposed to be rolling once every 4-6 weeks. You need to give your skin time to form new collagen. You're just breaking it up everytime you roll. I've been rolling every 6 weeks for 1 1/2 years witha 1.5mm Dr. Roller. I apply Retinol from skincare cosmetics right after I roll and I also apply it to my skin everyday. I've considered purchasing a roller with a smaller needle length to help product penetration but I never get around to it (lazyiness, I guess).

It has definitely worked on my scars. I have small scars on both sides of my lips and those are gone thanks to dermarolling. But thanks to cystic acne (small pea sized but it still damages my skin) I have new scars so I'm working on those now. From my experience, old scars are easier to get rid of. It is taking longer to get rid of the new ones. Also, the dermaroller has improved my medium (medium small scar but bigger than the smallest ones I had/have) by 50% but has done nothing to these 2 icepick scars I have in my smile line. That's the one I want gone. sad.png

I've been documenting my progress in a blog but I'm so embarrassed of my scars so I don't show my whole face. I've been told they aren't really noticable but I can see them and that bothers me. Anyway here's some pictures of my skin where I roll. The first one is how my face looks after I roll, the second one is a super close up of the scars on one side of my lips (worst side) that was taken in May 2011 and the last pic was taken in June 2012. Just thought I'd share to show the results. Sorry about the lighting. I could never recreate it again and that's the best I could do.

Scarsbegonedamnit, you need to wait at least 3 months to see results. I don't remember how long it took start seeing results but I think it was at least a couple of months. 1 week is not enough time to see any results. If you rolled correctly, you should be experiencing microswelling for 3 days to about a week. It's been over a year for me and I'm still working on some scars. It takes time for your skin to heal itself.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:51 pm

Your scars would react well to subcision.

Also, does anyone know wehre I buy lidocaine numbing cream?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/18/2013 2:22 pm

took a few days off retin a my skin gets so dydrated and flaky ...anyway here is new pics

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/19/2013 4:17 am

what do you believe was the most effective stuff( subcision,rolling,stamping,retin-a?or all of them for specific skin

issues)?

The success is more than obvious but i wish the last pictures were more enlarged..

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:47 am

i don't understand how to host large pics on this site ive tried everything ...i thought they uploaded odd ? ...did u click on them ?

its hard to say ...the retin a has been a miracle worker but i had lots of sun damaged skin i'm 35 ....but the dermarolling worked great to ...

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:58 am

yeah the pics are kinda small to judge compare to the first.

But i though you were 25!I am really starting to believe that, when someone is older , scar removal is more doable

than for people in their teenage or early 20's

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/19/2013 2:42 pm

left1_zps55639e4f.jpg

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/19/2013 3:05 pm

the lines are red that means they are still healing(probably from subcision)

Dont do anything in my opinion till these lines go to a dark /normal colour

The skin is gradually resurfacing

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/19/2013 3:26 pm

yeah all the enlarged pores and lines are getting shallower my skin has flaked alot since starting retin a

http://imageshack.u s'>ImageShack.us