Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneIsACurse

Aloe Vera Fades Red Marks Faster, But It Also Gives Me More Pimples!

Posted

Alright so I bought this thing called "Aubrey Organic Aloe Vera" and it's supposed to be completely natural, it's not a gel or cream its a liquid and the only things it has in it are aloe vera and grapefruit extract as a preservative. I noticed after a few days of using it, my red marks looked better than usual and more faded, but I got a new pimple on my forehead and on my cheek and on the side of my nose. I know this isn't random because before I used it I wasn't getting too many new pimples, and after I stopped my face went back to the normal rate of 1 pimple or so a day. I didn't change my diet or anything I just put that on my face twice a day for 2 days. So it fades red marks quicker but it also gives me new pimples, is it because I'm not using PURE aloe vera juice directly from a plant? I think this thing I bought is pretty natural, but if it gives me more acne I want to find something else. Does anyone else have experience with putting aloe vera on their skin?

Posted

Keep using it. I think your skin needs to get used to it. If you've been applying on entire face, but only broke out a bit then that's fine. If you broke out on entire face then stop. I apply aloe vera (fresh) two or three times daily. I don't have a problem with it. I do get small zits sometimes, but I started applying essential oil which is new to my skin.

That aloe vera that you use isn't that bad. ^^;;

Posted

Aloe vera dries out the skin if used in the whole face. Use a natural moisturizer like argan oil and see if it works

Posted

hmmm.. i've never had that happen to me before. i slather aloe vera gel onto my skin really, really thick and the worst thing that happens is it just dries out my skin but yeah, like you said, it heals red marks faster. maybe you should try using gel directly from the plant?

Posted

I've been using aloe vera gel directly from the plant for about 3 weeks now and only got the reactions you got during the first week. Now I'm getting fewer breakouts and occasional dryness especially in my T zone but otherwise pretty moisturized. I think that I'm starting to see improvement with my dark spots but I don't want to get too excited (cuz I may just be imagining it lol) So I'm waiting another month to see.. I've been thinking that maybe the breakouts are from the skin detoxing so it's bringing up what was already there faster (idk was just a thought)