Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back to getting rid of acne again sad.png My previous regime hasn't been working.

My acne is back and much more angrier. Recently I have notice that people cover or touch their faces when they see me. I always wear a hat because my confidence has been extremely low recently. It was graduation rehearsal today and it really affected me emotionally, everyone avoids me because of my face and no one really talks to me anymore. I feel as though everyone has turned their backs on me. I ffeel so alone and vulnerable please help me because I am fading away piece by piece.

Recently a friend of mine just told me "You are soo weird, why didn't you go to prom?" I had a date, a tux and limo service with friends, but bailed last minute. I know this is ridiculous but I couldn't show my face anymore.

UPDATE PEEPS: Acne is fading away, I will never stop moisturizing again. Bought two Lacura Night cream so That in case I run out I have a back up. Seems like if I don't moisturize I tend to break out.

Edited by excelicious

Man I feel for you. I really do. My suggestion is to find someone who is shy as well and bond with them. I wish u the best of luck in finding a treatment for your skin...

Man I feel for you. I really do. My suggestion is to find someone who is shy as well and bond with them. I wish u the best of luck in finding a treatment for your skin...

Thank you, really appreciate it :)

What are you doing/ done in the past?

Have you tried a diet change? I recommend changing your diet and supplementing. It's what cured me.

What have you done so far to try to cure your acne? What type of foods are you eating, have you changed your diet? And I know how you feel man, whenever I talk to people if there is very bright lighting or if someone gets close to my face I get very uncomfortable because I don't want them to see my acne.

I know it's tough, but hear me out man. I feel you, struggled with face acne and now also back acne for the last five years.

Something I have realized is that, with acne you have two choices. You can be the shy, unsocial guy with acne. Or alternatively you can be the

fun to be around, talkative guy with acne. And I can assure you, since I've been both, that the latter is definitely the way to go.

If you hide, don't do things, say no to stuff, because of your acne, it will just draw more attention to your problem and make others wonder if there's something wrong with you.

As cliche as it sounds, if you act like acne doesn't bother you, others are less likely to notice it aswell. Take a stand, "man up", and don't let this disease stop you.

Most of the people won't think twice about your acne if you act confident. This isn't any pep talk bullshit, it's a fact. Best of luck to you bro, make us proud!

I know it's tough, but hear me out man. I feel you, struggled with face acne and now also back acne for the last five years.

Something I have realized is that, with acne you have two choices. You can be the shy, unsocial guy with acne. Or alternatively you can be the

fun to be around, talkative guy with acne. And I can assure you, since I've been both, that the latter is definitely the way to go.

If you hide, don't do things, say no to stuff, because of your acne, it will just draw more attention to your problem and make others wonder if there's something wrong with you.

As cliche as it sounds, if you act like acne doesn't bother you, others are less likely to notice it aswell. Take a stand, "man up", and don't let this disease stop you.

Most of the people won't think twice about your acne if you act confident. This isn't any pep talk bullshit, it's a fact. Best of luck to you bro, make us proud!

Damn..... ever thought of giving motivational speeches to people? Seriously, you would be a billionaire. Sports teams, anonymous group and others would pay u lol

Thank you that really made me feel better :)

I am getting serious acne on my jaw line, others parts are healing quite nicely but still looks bad.

What have you done so far to try to cure your acne? What type of foods are you eating, have you changed your diet? And I know how you feel man, whenever I talk to people if there is very bright lighting or if someone gets close to my face I get very uncomfortable because I don't want them to see my acne.

People would probably ignore yours i have really bad dark post acne marks all over my face. Haven't changed my diet but not being able to excercise properly really affected me emotionally. Running and gymnastics is the same as breathing to me. Now that I stopped both (due to school and studies) my acne is back and angrier

Damn..... ever thought of giving motivational speeches to people? Seriously, you would be a billionaire. Sports teams, anonymous group and others would pay u lol

Thank you that really made me feel better smile.png

I am getting serious acne on my jaw line, others parts are healing quite nicely but still looks bad.

haha yeah I actually have, probably have to get rid of this tiny disaster that is my face before getting infront of a crowd :)

I agree, during high school one guy in my class had pretty bad acne, as bad as me. But he was confident and talking to girls and all that and people liked it. I was shy because of my acne and I didn't talk to that many people :/. So acne does suck we all know it but if you're talking to someone and you do it confidently people will forget about the acne after a few seconds.

Another prom skipper here :lol:

I didn't skip it because of acne though, but because of what usually goes along with it, being overly self-concious, and generally not accepting myself. I'd wager there's a good number of people who have acne, but would still be critical of themselves if they were clear. Still, like posters have mentioned, you can choose to be confident, self-loving person despite any perceived flaws.

Sometimes, it's good to throw yourself into an umcomfortable situation. Frankly, the best way to get over these sorts of fears, phobias, and anxieties is exposure. Go out to the graduation parties and dinners (while being responsible :P)! Spend time with friends over the summer! Don't let acne keep you cooped up in a dark room, figuratively or literally. There's way more to a person than their outward appearance!

And, chances are having a good time and thereby reducing stress will improve your health and skin situation, so even if only for vanity, there ya go :lol:! Live life :)