Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GorgeouslyGothic

What's Your Favorite Treat Food That Doesn't Upset Your Skin?

So many of us know what we CAN'T tolerate...I thought it'd be fun to talk about what we CAN smile.png

I make my own corn chips! I have trouble with the oils in store-bought ones, so I've been buying corn tortillas with as few ingredients as possible. I cut them into triangles, dab them lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of salt and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. I LOVE them. It's my obsession right now. They're great with fresh salsa, fruit salsa or homemade guacamole.

How about you?

A delicious strawberry-banana-pineapple smoothie

A tender grass fed steak

Raw chocolate

forks over knives, watch it

A tender grass fed steak

Raw chocolate

No thanks, I'm not interested in the vegan stuff. I've tried being meat free more than a few times and felt sick and weak every time. Where as I feel amazing and have tons of energy when I eat red meat. The two just don't compare, and no vegan has ever been able to explain to me why I feel better with meat. I don't really buy any of that stuff, no offense. If it works for you, great. It just doesn't work for my body.

A tender grass fed steak

Raw chocolate

No thanks, I'm not interested in the vegan stuff. I've tried being meat free more than a few times and felt sick and weak every time. Where as I feel amazing and have tons of energy when I eat red meat. The two just don't compare, and no vegan has ever been able to explain to me why I feel better with meat. I don't really buy any of that stuff, no offense. If it works for you, great. It just doesn't work for my body.

true, it doesn't work for everyone...that is true...mainly because of lack of education, not saying you were, just the general reason why many people shy away from it. i am not trying to convert, just open eyes to scientific data and research that is all.

The human body is designed to digest animal fats and proteins. It generates enzymes specifically for that purpose. The human body cannot digest cellulose, the main component of plant matter.

While I have nothing against Veganism on the grounds of an individual's moral opposition, it's simply false to claim that humans were not designed to consume animals.

The human body is designed to digest animal fats and proteins. It generates enzymes specifically for that purpose. The human body cannot digest cellulose, the main component of plant matter.

While I have nothing against Veganism on the grounds of an individual's moral opposition, it's simply false to claim that humans were not designed to consume animals.

forks over knives go watch it

Ah yes, the infamously flawed China study. Almost every modern chemical and plastic we interact with on a daily basis is a known carcinogen. I have nothing against veganism, however I won't be giving up animal proteins any time soon. Sorry.

Ah yes, the infamously flawed China study. Almost every modern chemical and plastic we interact with on a daily basis is a known carcinogen. I have nothing against veganism, however I won't be giving up animal proteins any time soon. Sorry.

funny how you blow off top researchers on the matter, again i am not here to convert or anything just bring awareness, even if you believe the china study is flawed it doesnt erase the other data. do what you please i could literally care less, just trying to bring awareness.

funny how you blow off top researchers on the matter, again i am not here to convert or anything just bring awareness, even if you believe the china study is flawed it doesnt erase the other data. do what you please i could literally care less, just trying to bring awareness.

I appreciate your effort to try and increase awareness. Just because we don't arrive at the same conclusion dosen't mean one of us is wrong or one of us is right. It just means we have different points of view. I certainly didn't mean to offend any vegans out there!

Cheers!

I appreciate your effort to try and increase awareness. Just because we don't arrive at the same conclusion dosen't mean one of us is wrong or one of us is right. It just means we have different points of view. I certainly didn't mean to offend any vegans out there!

Cheers!

thanks for handling this like an adult, yolure the first one on this forum that didnt blow up over it, and yes we have different perspectives. for me, i think everyone finds their own path to live in life and of course everything will be different for a lot of people. when i first started raw vegan i thought it was me being a little extreme, then i ate cooked vegan food and felt sick, for 2 days i was sick, i had mucus build up, i run 3-4 miles daily and it made a huge negative impact on that. for me it isnt extreme, not as extreme as being sick, getting heart surgery, etc...to each their own, good luck.

Edited by bobbi364

You may want to check this video out:

I would eat meat if it weren't for what they do to them before they come on our plates.

I just wouldn't want to have a slaughtered dead flesh injected with artificial hormones and antibiotics who could have died of a disease or a stress inside my body.

and... you may really really want to check this out if you are looking for actual evidences and studies on why humans are true herbivores: http://michaelblueja...eg/natural.html

PLUS! Among animals, herbivores are the most long aging animals. I'd rather go Vegan and have atleast 10 more years of adventure in my life.

Edited by DaftFrost

I would eat meat if it weren't for what they do to them before they come on our plates.

I just wouldn't want to have a slaughtered dead flesh injected with artificial hormones and antibiotics who could have died of a disease or a stress inside my body.

and... you may really really want to check this out if you are looking for actual evidences and studies on why humans are true herbivores:

I've already stated my opinion on this topic so let's just leave it at that, shall we? sideways.gif

Edited by tritonxiv

and... you may really really want to check this out if you are looking for actual evidences and studies on why humans are true herbivores:

I've already stated my opinion on this topic so let's just leave it at that, shall we? sideways.gif

Sure!

Just wanted to help people become more aware of their diet, how they are brainwashed that we are mainly meat eaters. Since biologically, we are herbivores.

I think the data says that people can be healthy on a variety of diets. The problem with epidemiological conclusions is that they are only observed correlations; they are not guaranteed causative factors. If the China study, along with various epidemiological conclusions were correct, then there wouldn't be populations with high fat/animal proteins making up a majority of their diets with low rates of heart disease, vibrant elders, and things associated with healthy aging.

Maybe if it was one or two populations you could rack it up to genetics and run controlled trials, but the fact is there are epidemiological, controlled, and mechanistic studies that indicate contrary findings to the often cited China Study, Forks Over Knives, 30 BAD, and things of that nature.

Let's also be aware of the fact that many vegan/vegetarian authorities also advocate meditation, exercise, healthy sleep, socialization, reducing sugar and some universally agreed bad fats, cutting out fast foods, and promote many of the other qualities in healthy populations - populations who have very different diets, but are all relatively healthy. Many of these population traits also happen to be strong factors in the variety of diseases the veg authorities mainly attribute to meat.

You see the problem with epidemiological studies? How can you say it was 1 factor, when there are a variety of factors different between the sick populations and the healthy ones, and there happens to be many healthy populations who eat meat? You can't; you need multiple well designed studies with controls demonstrating similar findings.

On topic,

I love making fruit smoothies with full fat coconut milk. Especially pineapples or wild blueberries!

Edited by tim12

I suppose my favorite would be the thing I have all the time. Low sugar dark chocolate.

Also, lately Ive been loving stirring a couple of tablespoons of nut butter into just about any combo of nuts, seeds, fruit, coconut, shredded carrot, etc. see the desert recipe thread.

• Raw Beef Tenderloin
  • Raw Chicken hearts
  • Millet Sourdough bread made with kefir culture. If I can find it, I make Teff sourdough sometimes.
  • Almond butter pancakes
  • Sour cream with some frozen berries
  • Blueberry Chevre from Trader Joe's (This is a seasonal product that they don't have year round unfortunately. it's goat cheese with blueberries.)
  • Sweet cream butter drizzled over everything
  • Shredded young coconut with vodka sauce to make a mock spaghetti
  • Gelato and pistachio

Chunkylard I see in your sig you say to avoid gluten, soy and dairy like the plague. But you eat butter, goat cheese and sour cream with no problems? Just curious what you mean.

Chunkylard I see in your sig you say to avoid gluten, soy and dairy like the plague. But you eat butter, goat cheese and sour cream with no problems? Just curious what you mean.

If someone is still breaking out or you have any sort of digestive issues, it's a horrible idea to include even small amounts of dairy/grains in your diet in my opinion. I don't believe anyone who is breaking out regularly should include those foods in their diet if they want to clear their skin.

I find I tolerate dairy quite well, even when it's not fermented. I did some major healing over the past couple of years and some heavy duty supplementation and I was happy to find I can now tolerate fermented grains and they don't break me out or cause any sort of digestive distress. I don't make it a habit to eat sourdough though, but I make it for holidays to round out a nice dinner.