Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I had my first Accutane treatment last year and it worked for me really well. A few months after stopping Accutane the dreaded oily skin returned along with the acne.

I have recently been referred back to my dermatologist and I have been started on Accutane again.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had to have 2 or more treatments of Accutane and weather or not the 2nd ettempt was successful??

I'm worried that as soon as my treatment is over the oily skin will return like it did the first time.

You never know. This is my 5th time taking accutane...lol Yes...that is many times. But I would say go for it, as it feels much better when acne free. And the acne problem seems to get way less severe each time for me.

Hey,

My dermatologist tried me on an Accutane topical gel first before putting me back on the tablets although the gel was rubbish and had no effect what so ever!

Well I've been back on the treatment for a week now, just have really dry lips at the moment so having to use lipsil every 5 mins. They have put me on a lower dose this time for a longer period of time to hope that my side effects are less severe and the results should hopefully be better. X

Hey,

My dermatologist tried me on an Accutane topical gel first before putting me back on the tablets although the gel was rubbish and had no effect what so ever!

Well I've been back on the treatment for a week now, just have really dry lips at the moment so having to use lipsil every 5 mins. They have put me on a lower dose this time for a longer period of time to hope that my side effects are less severe and the results should hopefully be better. X

That's good. Do not give up. I found that lower dosage has so much less side effect. I am giving it a try myself this time too on 20mg, so far I only have a couple, maybe 5 or 6, zits that has grown on my face since the past 2 weeks. It looks like that is it for the outbreak. I just started to get dry lips since yesterday. I would still keep washing my face twice a day like I normally does when I am off accutane though. I noticed that it is the blackheads that casues my acne problem, so cleanser that has salicylic acid should help reduce the blackheads. I hope these couple zits wont' leave me any scars. Hopefully it will get better real soon. Or yah, and maintainence seems very important after the acne is cure too, you gotta keep it clean to stay away from them. Cheers~