Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

Differin Or Epi-Duo?

Is Differin still considered a good retinoid? I remember it being easier on my skin many years ago, and I'm leery of using Epi-Duo because it contains B.P.--even though I'm currently using Acanya, which contains B.P. (I keep hearing negative things about B.P.'s long-term effects on this forum.)

My current derm. assistant gave me Epi-Duo more than a year ago, and I've only used it to spot-treat a few tiny areas, which became very dry after about three nights' application of it.

I'm terrified of the I.B. experience, especially since my skin has gone insane since I've begun drinking more water. (My body is trying to flush toxins that can't get out fast enough, and my skin is paying the price; I'm now getting indented scars that I was able mostly to avoid for the past 25 years' worth of bad acne.)

Thank you,

P.I.

Edited by PrettyInside

Hey,

Differin is considered a weaker and more tolerable retinoid in comparison to retin a etc.

It seems like a lot of people have had success with it and studies show its just as good as tretinoinjust without the irritation.

Here’s a link below to thread where people use differin might be worth posting in there.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/313714-the-differin-diaries/

Jay

Differin is considered a weaker and more tolerable retinoid in comparison to retin a etc.

It seems like a lot of people have had success with it and studies show its just as good as tretinoin just without the irritation.

Are you saying that Differin is thought to be less effective than other retinoids, or is it just slower acting (and, thus, less irritating)?

Here’s a link below to thread where people use differin might be worth posting in there. http://www.acne.org/...fferin-diaries/

I didn't think that my question belongs in that thread--some of which I've already read before--since I'm asking for a comparison between Differin and another retinoid. Since that thread is solely about Differin, I didn't want to take it off-topic.

P.I.