Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michael24

Antibiotics And Scar Treatments

I know it is advised to not have any type of lasers done on teh face while and 6 months after Accutane? Are there any warnings when taking antibiotics for acne? I know some people are given antibiotics right before or after treatments to reduce chance of breakout but, what if you have been on them for a while?

if you went on accutane there is no point in taking antibiotics because you will not break out regardless.

You can go on anti-biotics for the week before and the week you are recovering from the laser because almost everyone breaks out from the Vaseline that you need to put on when recovering.

if you went on accutane there is no point in taking antibiotics because you will not break out regardless.

You can go on anti-biotics for the week before and the week you are recovering from the laser because almost everyone breaks out from the Vaseline that you need to put on when recovering.

I have never been on Accutane. I was just wondering if one can be on antibiotics when getting something like fraxel repair done. IE. he/she is still breaking out with a few pimples once in a while.

yes you can, most Doctors will encourage it.

I went on anti-biotics so i wouldnt break out from the vasoline.