Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenny P

Haven't Showered In Week, Skin Got Even Dryer

So I've just been not letting any water at all touch my skin, and have not showered in a week.

I thought it would help my skin to produce oil but my skin is just getting dryerr everyday. When i smile i have sooo many wrinkles, my skin is severely dehydrated.

Think of someone with a smooth supple face, and imagine all the moisture being sucked out like a vacuum. This is what my skin looks like. When i smile, my skin cracks and it peels and it does not produce oil at all.

I've had problems with dry skin for 4 years, now im just getting frustrated but i am still going to try and ask on the world wide web if ANYONE can give me any suggestsions, i will try ANYTHING and get back to you on how it works.

Bcuzz at this point i highlt doubt that nything i could ever possibly do or spend will ever get my skin to produce oil.

But i will try...

So far i have tried:

Jojoba oil for years

Coconut oil a few years

Many drugstore lotions

Using huge globs of lotion and still having dry skin

Exfoliting with loofa, my hand, hrsh exfoliants, gentle exfoliants.

Going to the gym, sweating alot and not showering after

Eating oily foods (i know its not healthy)

Eating a lot of dairy (i know, it causes acne)

So fr the best thing i have tried is exfoliting with a face loofa after a week of not washing. But this only works if i dont shower for a week, and the softness lasts day or 2. And if i keep exfoliating my skin will get dry again and start to peel off and crack.

Sounds like your skin barrier is compromised and can't heal itself. I would get a specialized barrier repair moisturizer and use it twice a day. I have heard good things about Dermalogica's Barrier Repair.

http://www.doctorkdermstore.com/Dermalogica-Barrier-Repair/Dermalogica/Moisturizers/-p7883405.html#ReviewsTabAnchor

It is a bit expensive, but don't waste your money on more drugstore lotions...

Have you seen a derm?

It's possible that it's not just dry skin, but a skin condition such as seborrheic dermatitis/psoriasis/eczema.

But I also agree with Green Gables that a healthy barrier is always a good idea.

No shower in a week? I'm sorry but thats gross? And not washing your face after you sweat? That's just asking for a bad time..,.

No shower in a week? I'm sorry but thats gross? And not washing your face after you sweat? That's just asking for a bad time..,.

How is it gross? I have very dehydrated skin and I'm trying everything possible to heal myself. You may not get affected at all when you shower or when you wash your face, but some people do.

I have to wear gloves everytime i even wash fruit or vegetables, because my skin will dry out with just one wash, and it will stay dry for a long time.

Are YOU hydrated? Have YOU been drinking plenty of water?

No, just a liter..i will try to drink more.

Have you seen a derm?

It's possible that it's not just dry skin, but a skin condition such as seborrheic dermatitis/psoriasis/eczema.

But I also agree with Green Gables that a healthy barrier is always a good idea.

No, it's just really dry skin.

Sounds like your skin barrier is compromised and can't heal itself. I would get a specialized barrier repair moisturizer and use it twice a day. I have heard good things about Dermalogica's Barrier Repair.

http://www.doctorkde...eviewsTabAnchor

It is a bit expensive, but don't waste your money on more drugstore lotions...

thnks, i willl look up the reviews

You are supposed to take your weight, cut it in half, and that is how many ounces of water you are supposed to drink.

I weigh 115lbs, so I should drink 57 ounces.

That's roughly 3 1/2 bottles of water.