Notifications
Clear all

Gluten? Leaky Gut?

MemberMember
(@daisy_x)

Posted : 06/26/2012 5:49 am

Hey guys I recently cut quite a lot from my diet in an attempt to see if there was any improvement in my acne. This included Dairy, Soya, Gluten & Wheat.

I got to the stage where things where much better but I was fed up with the limited amount of things I had been eating for months on end so starting reintroducing foods in order to pinpoint which one was causing the problem. After watching things carefully I'm thinking it's the gluten which I have now removed from my diet once more.

So say I have been on gluten again for a week, do you think I will have to wait months again for this to remove from my system? Or because I have only been exposed to it for the week instead of say years should this be a much quicker process this time around? I believe I have read somewhere this is linked to leaky gut syndrome which to be honest I know very little about. Any information much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/26/2012 6:17 am

it takes years to heal from gluten damage anyway, so you going on/off it as a part of your experimentation won't really matter that much in the long run. You need to get off it all together, 100% (check your skin products, makeups, spices and supplements too!) to really begin healing.

Once you get all the gluten removed go for less gut damaging stuff, no soy, no loading up on other grains, etc. Eat a lot of gut healing foods, like okra, sweet potatoes, flaxseed, plenty of water, no fiber supplements (just good food). Eat a lot of antinflammatory foods and spices like curry/tumeric.

Most important: Do fasting if you can! Fasting has helped me overall more than anything else I have done in all my years. And that says a lot because I have done so much! It's the best thing you can do to rest and heal the gut.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/27/2012 6:52 am

it takes years to heal from gluten damage anyway, so you going on/off it as a part of your experimentation won't really matter that much in the long run. You need to get off it all together, 100% (check your skin products, makeups, spices and supplements too!) to really begin healing.

Once you get all the gluten removed go for less gut damaging stuff, no soy, no loading up on other grains, etc. Eat a lot of gut healing foods, like okra, sweet potatoes, flaxseed, plenty of water, no fiber supplements (just good food). Eat a lot of antinflammatory foods and spices like curry/tumeric.

Most important: Do fasting if you can! Fasting has helped me overall more than anything else I have done in all my years. And that says a lot because I have done so much! It's the best thing you can do to rest and heal the gut.

are bloody stools symptoms of leaky gut? i have a gluten issue and there were several times about a year ago (before I knew about my gluten issue) that I had bloody stools right after eating a lot of wheat products, that and meat protein...

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/27/2012 7:14 am

I'm not sure, it could be, but it could also be a number of things. if you have bloody stools you should probably have that checked out!

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/27/2012 7:51 am

I'm not sure, it could be, but it could also be a number of things. if you have bloody stools you should probably have that checked out!

since changing my diet i no longer have them...lol...i know it sounds gross but yes it did occur, and I just read up on leaky gut and symptoms mess up the adrenals and produce acne, which could very well have been my issue, because since changing my diet I have been 100% clear. I was somewhat clear before all that though so maybe my body got used to having a bad liver and adrenal functionality...all I know is that I feel a million times better. I agree as well that it takes a long time to heal up gluten problems, so stick with it for as long as possible...get a new life style and live by it everyday to help avoid gluten

MemberMember
(@peter-scott)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:47 am

Do you know someone who cured the leaky gut and candida acne eating only non starched vegetables, fish, chicken, meat, without using probiotic capsules, without using l glutamine, but eating too: beans, brown rice, fruits everyday?

Who have leaky gut said have these symptoms: pain in the belly, floating and gases. So, if someone have only the acne, folliculitis and dermatitis on the body without other symptoms, dont have leaky gut and dont need to do the leaky gut diet with L glutamine and probiotic capsules, right?