Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its 2;43 am, and guess whats on my mind? ACNE!!! I cant believe i would be in this position at 20. I always had acne since about 16 3/4, going into my senior year, but even then it was manageable. I didnt have ugly pitted scars and discoloration! Turning 18 i took a toll cyst everywhere, you can say ever since high school my life has went down hill! After that bullshit im left with scarring and ugly skin, now i still got pimples and on top of that scars from the earlier case, now i feel so hopeless. Damn i cant believe i want to quit work, and i dont want to go to school in the fall. I mean i want to go to school but it will be so hard when my main priority is my face! I cant even live the life i want to! i don't go out with my friends or my family, I just stay home and let life pass me as i stall in my room imagining how it would be with a good face. At being 20 years old and a male i feel as if im in a hole. Life would be so much better with a clear, or it doesn't even have to be clear just get rid of these scars and i will be happy! but hey who cares about me right? yea my close friends and family but really nobody cares about me. Plus people will just look at my face and judge me right? who cares i dont care about being judges. But see my face is how i view myself, its killing me that i dont even know how to control my own face! Thats like saying your driving, well hell other people can control how they drive right, but not me i crash.

Sorry, its just so late and this feeling i have had in my heart is hurting! The scars and abyss of acne is so depressing, to a certain extend i believe people can take so much; acne has never been that much a problem. But when you get it all over your face and when you look in the mirror you don't see nothing but sports here, red bumps, indented scars, and discoloration how do you react? i was not raised with this! it just came upon my face and fucked me up to the point of where i didnt leave the house for 10 months being 18, so i lived to be 18 for literally 2 months, that was June and July of 2010. at 19 i didnt do shit, never went out but yea had a job at some factory and went to school, was a total anti social person to a extend, not how i was in high school outgoing and charismatic. Being 19 was also a lost year about 2 wasted years of my life! i havent even lived after high school! wanted to go to a university but acne came in ten fold and was like NOPE, now for being 20 year old since June of 2012 i feel as if i am going to be doing the same shit, NOTHING! Its hard being a guy who liked to go out and meet new people, to a guy who doesnt look in mirrors, doesnt go out, very anti-social because i dont want to draw attention so people will look at me. IF YOU READ THIS THX, IM JUST SO FED UP AND LIFE SEEMS MOTIONLESS TO ME! EVERYDAY I WAKE UP AND I JUST HOPE MY FACE WILL BE CLEAR, FOR THE LAST 700 DAYS OR SO I HAVE WASTED! MAN I FEEL LIKE SHIT

Sorry to hear you are suffering. You are not alone, there are many of us who feel the same way.

I wish I had the answer to make it all go away.

What medications and diet changes have you tried?

Many people on here have at least managed to improve their situation by going gluten/dairy/sugar free, and some have been completely cured. It's a case of trial and error for most of us, which takes time and trying lots of new things, but if you find something that works, then it is worth the extra effort.

It might seem a small thing, but I have noticed that we judge ourselves by our appearance much more than other people do.

Its 2;43 am, and guess whats on my mind? ACNE!!! I cant believe i would be in this position at 20. I always had acne since about 16 3/4, going into my senior year, but even then it was manageable. I didnt have ugly pitted scars and discoloration! Turning 18 i took a toll cyst everywhere, you can say ever since high school my life has went down hill! After that bullshit im left with scarring and ugly skin, now i still got pimples and on top of that scars from the earlier case, now i feel so hopeless. Damn i cant believe i want to quit work, and i dont want to go to school in the fall. I mean i want to go to school but it will be so hard when my main priority is my face! I cant even live the life i want to! i don't go out with my friends or my family, I just stay home and let life pass me as i stall in my room imagining how it would be with a good face. At being 20 years old and a male i feel as if im in a hole. Life would be so much better with a clear, or it doesn't even have to be clear just get rid of these scars and i will be happy! but hey who cares about me right? yea my close friends and family but really nobody cares about me. Plus people will just look at my face and judge me right? who cares i dont care about being judges. But see my face is how i view myself, its killing me that i dont even know how to control my own face! Thats like saying your driving, well hell other people can control how they drive right, but not me i crash.

Sorry, its just so late and this feeling i have had in my heart is hurting! The scars and abyss of acne is so depressing, to a certain extend i believe people can take so much; acne has never been that much a problem. But when you get it all over your face and when you look in the mirror you don't see nothing but sports here, red bumps, indented scars, and discoloration how do you react? i was not raised with this! it just came upon my face and fucked me up to the point of where i didnt leave the house for 10 months being 18, so i lived to be 18 for literally 2 months, that was June and July of 2010. at 19 i didnt do shit, never went out but yea had a job at some factory and went to school, was a total anti social person to a extend, not how i was in high school outgoing and charismatic. Being 19 was also a lost year about 2 wasted years of my life! i havent even lived after high school! wanted to go to a university but acne came in ten fold and was like NOPE, now for being 20 year old since June of 2012 i feel as if i am going to be doing the same shit, NOTHING! Its hard being a guy who liked to go out and meet new people, to a guy who doesnt look in mirrors, doesnt go out, very anti-social because i dont want to draw attention so people will look at me. IF YOU READ THIS THX, IM JUST SO FED UP AND LIFE SEEMS MOTIONLESS TO ME! EVERYDAY I WAKE UP AND I JUST HOPE MY FACE WILL BE CLEAR, FOR THE LAST 700 DAYS OR SO I HAVE WASTED! MAN I FEEL LIKE SHIT

stop jerking and change your diet. Cut down on cola, caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, refined sugar, junk food. All liver stressors.

Get a juicer and start drinking mixed vegetable juice daily. Organic Carrot, cucumber, celery. Juicing book website have lot of recipes but those three are a must. Only 1 glass and donot over dose. Also try wheat grass juice. Very powerful juice.

If you are really desperate then have home made kefir. Also chk the research http://www.acu-cell.com/dis.html

You could consider the air force. I was thinking about that. I am sure they have dermatogists that would hook you up, and at the samet ime yo uget to get away.. from everything.. work hard.. come back 4 years later with good experience in an applicable career, good health, money saved up, different experiences, and in the end, after 4 years you prob won't see any of those peopole ever again unless you want to.

No.. I don't work for the government.. I was considering air force myself. I still might.. its an option..

Dude we care because we know how you feel. Its sucks! I hate every moment of it.....but you cant give up and let acne kick your ass...try to find the solution..research! Try different products or go natural! You just can't give in to acne, its not fair to you. I see ppl with acne all the time and i know that acne doesnt define them. That's what we think, we think everyone notices our flaws but they dont. And if they do, best believe they're asshole. Its hard to like in the mirror and like what you see but instead of focusing on how bad it is, focus on making it better.. I wish you the best of luck. :) But don't give up one day you will eventually regret it.

You could consider the air force. I was thinking about that. I am sure they have dermatogists that would hook you up, and at the samet ime yo uget to get away.. from everything.. work hard.. come back 4 years later with good experience in an applicable career, good health, money saved up, different experiences, and in the end, after 4 years you prob won't see any of those peopole ever again unless you want to.

No.. I don't work for the government.. I was considering air force myself. I still might.. its an option..

I highly suggest military for anyone. I enlisted in the navy when my skin was clear and unfortunate idk if t was the stress of leaving but my skin blew up with issues I've never dealt with before and I couldn't make t through boot camp. I do highly suggest giving any military a shot. My life has been fucked ever since gettng discharged and I wish I could rewind the last 5 months.

And to the OP I was in the EXACT situation you were...age wise everything. Go to a fucking dermatologist and demand you want clear skin. Don't give up. I used 2% tazorac cream in the pm and aczone in the am and emu oil to moisturize. Ask them about the tazorac and aczone. Tazorac Was the key I believe. Good luck man and stay strong. I know exactly how u feel!!!!!!!!

Edited by Murph89

I highly suggest military for anyone. I enlisted in the navy when my skin was clear and unfortunate idk if t was the stress of leaving but my skin blew up with issues I've never dealt with before and I couldn't make t through boot camp. I do highly suggest giving any military a shot. My life has been fucked ever since gettng discharged and I wish I could rewind the last 5 months.

And to the OP I was in the EXACT situation you were...age wise everything. Go to a fucking dermatologist and demand you want clear skin. Don't give up. I used 2% tazorac cream in the pm and aczone in the am and emu oil to moisturize. Ask them about the tazorac and aczone. Tazorac Was the key I believe. Good luck man and stay strong. I know exactly how u feel!!!!!!!!

Sooo.. you started breaking out before boot camp? then u got discharged? your post confused me a bit.

Sooo.. you started breaking out before boot camp? then u got discharged? your post confused me a bit.

Yeah my skin broke out a month before I shipped and I let it get to me in bootcamp and got discharged.

I'm in the same boat man, btw im 20 as well, I used to be outgoing as well and loved being outdoors. I loved life I played sports, had lots of friends, even had girls hitting on me (even as far as taking my pictures lol), but once I turned 16 bam like a ton of bricks I had pimples galore..... even now. Some days were ok one little pimple, but other days I just wanted to lock myself in my room and didn't want to come out for nobody. Acne changed me can't deny that and im preety sure it changes everyone one way or the other. I can relate I was so depressed I didn't even want to go to family outings with family to Cancun or the Bahamas because of my acne. Lol man it sucks, but hey enough of the sorry sob bullspit, I've learned to accept it, I just say to myself "I know this shite sucks, but it will get better" I know it sounds slightly dumb but it does get me through those tough days. I also think of the positive of what this crappy curse does give me, it gives me thicker skin, I hardly care what people think of me now, and lets me know who really cares about me. I know what you're going through because i'm still going through it, I don't very much like people who say "It's just acne, dont let it run your life" it doesn't run my life but it sure as hell determines when I go outside lol. I also feel the same way in which I feel like the last 2 1/2 years of my life have been a complete waste, basically i'm trying to say that there is alot of people out there like you/us but you just gotta keep moving and find something that brings joy to your life. For example I found the love of weightlifting it brings alot of joy in my life, it also seems to help clear my acne tremendously and also make me really happy,but running seems to make my acne even worse. Weightlifting for the past couple years has been the only thing that makes me truly happy and the way I see it the more ripped my body looks the less people will look at my face lol :D. So may I recommend weight lifting it gets my mind off all my problems including acne and when you lift it releases endorphin's that make you happy :D, I go to a 24 hour fitness gym so when I do have some acne I go when its like a ghost town either really early or really late. Don't really know what else to say.....any either tips just email me dude if not then hope things get better.

lol so your recommendation to his post is to join the military......if anything that would make his acne even worse with the stress, the overall environment, the conditions military personnel are put through. man did this post make me laugh. No but seriously that does sound like a good plan they do get great benefits, but for this situation I think it's a bit of a stretch for a solution

I'm in the same boat man, btw im 20 as well, I used to be outgoing as well and loved being outdoors. I loved life I played sports, had lots of friends, even had girls hitting on me (even as far as taking my pictures lol), but once I turned 16 bam like a ton of bricks I had pimples galore..... even now. Some days were ok one little pimple, but other days I just wanted to lock myself in my room and didn't want to come out for nobody. Acne changed me can't deny that and im preety sure it changes everyone one way or the other. I can relate I was so depressed I didn't even want to go to family outings with family to Cancun or the Bahamas because of my acne. Lol man it sucks, but hey enough of the sorry sob bullspit, I've learned to accept it, I just say to myself "I know this shite sucks, but it will get better" I know it sounds slightly dumb but it does get me through those tough days. I also think of the positive of what this crappy curse does give me, it gives me thicker skin, I hardly care what people think of me now, and lets me know who really cares about me. I know what you're going through because i'm still going through it, I don't very much like people who say "It's just acne, dont let it run your life" it doesn't run my life but it sure as hell determines when I go outside lol. I also feel the same way in which I feel like the last 2 1/2 years of my life have been a complete waste, basically i'm trying to say that there is alot of people out there like you/us but you just gotta keep moving and find something that brings joy to your life. For example I found the love of weightlifting it brings alot of joy in my life, it also seems to help clear my acne tremendously and also make me really happy,but running seems to make my acne even worse. Weightlifting for the past couple years has been the only thing that makes me truly happy and the way I see it the more ripped my body looks the less people will look at my face lol biggrin.png. So may I recommend weight lifting it gets my mind off all my problems including acne and when you lift it releases endorphin's that make you happy biggrin.png, I go to a 24 hour fitness gym so when I do have some acne I go when its like a ghost town either really early or really late. Don't really know what else to say.....any either tips just email me dude if not then hope things get better.

Yea man, life was good then after graduation it sucked! I loved lifting weights too, but I was also taking whey protein so i believe that led to more pimples! Either way guys i still go to work and stuff, but i dont be going out ever, like when i was in high school i was so out there every weekend. Other than that im just like a huge fat nerd! i thinks that what i was meant to be, a Nerd, not dissing nerds they are cool, but i used to be macking on females, playing basketball, Mr. too cool at school. Well in the mean time i always liked comics, pokemon, and im half asian so hey! its like i chose my BLACK side, but GOD is like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, you were meant to be a ASIAN nerd with PIMPLES," see if i was raised as an asian nerd i wouldn't even care about my face like that probably. But since i choose the cool guy who did stuff on the weekends, had girls, and dressed good it affects me even more because i kind of had this image or atleast felt like i needed to be clean looking! JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Aha, also now i am a balance of Asian and Black, Im cool and i still am gaining mad knowledge on different topics. Its like im reading comics while im still hang out with a very pretty girl!

Also being smart or knowledgeable is cool fuck being a cool guy, its weird i never would have thought i would enjoy reading books. ever since acne i have structured myself to become a better person, Instead of being out there fucking with females and smoking or drinking but still i may sound contradictory that stuff is still fun, well what Im trying to say is i believe Ima better person from acne, Mentally and spiritually

Edited by jr0615

Actually.. the reason I suggested military is because I think a lot of us care MORE about what our friends think of us, not just the general public. I don't really give a shit what strangers think about me.. not nearly as much as people I've grown up with, close friends, family, cousins, friends of friends etc...

So basically the idea is force yourself out... military is better than locking yourself inside your home 24/7.. wouldn't u agree?

damn that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. How as boot camp overall? hellish?

No it really was not that bad. Granted I only made it to week 1 but the first week is reall the hardest as I've been told. If I went in with a completely clear face and didn't have to worr bout my skin constantly than I know for a FACT I could make it through with flying colors. Im a really strong guy mentally, but skin issues take a tole and they have crushed me. Been a rough past 5 months to say the least.

Edited by Murph89