Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fourdogs

Question About Regimen Recommended Products

Hey I'm beginning the regimen tonight and I have a few questions about the products. On http://www.acne.org/acne-products-guide.html it recommends Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Just buying this product today I saw Sodium Lauryl Sulfate on the list of ingredients and on the website it says to avoid this substance. So should i still use it?

Cetaphil has been on the list of recommended products for years simply because a lot of people do quite well with it, despite the SLS. Cetaphil has always been marketed to those with sensitive or dry skin, and the amount of SLS must be small since I've never actually heard of anyone being irritated by it. Personally, I didn't like it. But I don't have sensitive or dry skin. Mine is tough and oily and I felt Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser just didn't get it clean, but many people love it and do well with it. It's one of those things where you have to consider the final product rather than the individual ingredients, and try it for yourself to see if it suits you.

I have oily skin, and I found the DKR cleanser to be too drying and left my skin feeling very tight. I've been using Cetaphil with the regimen for the past five years and I absolutely love it.

The CeraVe cleanser is too moisturizing for me and left my skin with an almost gummy residue.

I found that the cetaphil moisturiser was perfect for me as far as moisturising went, but it didnt get me clear, and I find that Dan's moisturiser keeps me clear but isnt quite moisturising enough . I just slap a few layers of Dan's moisturiser on and away I go.

As Brandy says, its all personal trial and error. Whats good for one person may not work for another.