Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melancholia

Dan's Acne Treatment Staining Bedsheets?

Hey guys, im sure this may have been brought up before but... i have issues with using the product at night before going to bed, because i will wake up and eventually my pillowcases and sheets end up stained from my face. i do wait til it dries, maybe i sweat at night. has anyone experienced this, and if so, do you know of any solution???

BP bleaches EVERYTHING. The only solution is to use old sheets, old pillowcases, wear an old t-shirt to bed (mainly for if people put it on their back/chest). And you'll probably eventually start bleaching out your towels as well so be prepared for that. You can even look forward to your face probably getting a tad more pale ;) That's one of the unavoidable side effects of benzyl peroxide, unfortunately. Sorry :(

I don't know why, but I have yet to find any of my stuff bleached. I have 2 different colored pillow cases that I rotate between and neither of them look discolored. I also accidentally got a bunch of BP on my boxers and just washed them out and they were fine.

Anyone else not have issue with the BP bleaching stuff?

I have yet to learn of a solution to the BP bleaching everything. It is quite annoying though. Just use white pillow cases and sheets if needed.

Yep, white pillow cases and sheets are the way to go. But I also find that my pillow cases have a nice yellow glow to them after a few days (from the moisturiser and AHA+), but it seems to wash out ok. I've just accepted that I will now no longer be able to use my lovely expensive towels or coloured sheets. Only old ratty towels allowed for me now! :)

As for you above who don't experience bleaching, nobody likes a showoff! grinwink.gif

Ahh yes Rush, a yellow glow - such a lovely way to describe suspect yellow stainage... grinwink.gif

I bought a couple of WHITE super plushy, fluffy towels at target (thomas o'brien brand) that I put over my pillow case and they feel better that the actual pillow! teehee.gif

Hey guys, im sure this may have been brought up before but... i have issues with using the product at night before going to bed, because i will wake up and eventually my pillowcases and sheets end up stained from my face. i do wait til it dries, maybe i sweat at night. has anyone experienced this, and if so, do you know of any solution???

1. Apply less product.

2. Wait a full hour to dry.

3. Sleep on your back.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. When I used BP I was able to keep my sheets stain-free by doing those three things. I would still roll to my side in my sleep occasionally, but if I consciously told myself to sleep on my back before drifting off, it minimized it.