Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going on 20 in August. I started getting pimples here and there in 6th grade, but my bad acne really began the summer I turned 13.

My teen years are almost over! Is this done yet?!

People have told me I'm pretty, and I think I'm finally leaving my awkward ugly teenage girl days, but I still don't FEEL pretty because of my acne. I only do when I put on make-up and can't see the texture of my skin, but the second I step into better lighting and see all those bumps showing even with my make-up on, I feel absolutely DISGUSTING. I just wish it would end so I could love myself. Because I just can't. This has become a part of me and I feel so terribly gross even if people compliment me.

Also, some guy I was interested in and was texting for awhile until he stopped, posted a facebook status recently about how he wanted a girl with natural beauty and not wearing a pound of make-up. And I wondered to myself if maybe he wasn't that interested in me because I wear too much make-up. And all I could think was, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE. I HAVE to wear a pound of make-up.

It's so unfair. I would flaunt natural beauty if I could, but that's nowhere near an option!

When will this end?!

hey hang in there it will be ok youre still young and have alot of life left please dont give up.never give up

i sometimes wonder if life was a game, i have accidently pushed hardcore mode instead of easy mode.. sometimes it even feels like i accidently pressed impossible mode ;(

I feel exactly like you! Loads of my male friends are like 'girls who dont wear makeup are so much prettier' and I'm like 'Mate I dont have a choice'.

If it makes you feel any better though my bf said something really interesting to me once, he said 'Yeh but you just correct your skin, you dont look different with your make up on, just your skin looks better, some girls look like completely different people'. A lot of my guy friends who say the make up thing go 'but you dont wear a lot of make up' when I honestly do, I just think when boys say it they mean heavy eye makeup and false lashes and bright red lips, all that stuff (like in the day).

Just know that there are plenty of options out there too to treat acne, I always feel better when I think 'well I am trying'. No one can ask more of you then that, its hardly your fault you got it.

Plus anyone who is that bothered about your looks honestly isnt worth it, there are plenty of nice boys who wouldnt care.

Omg I'm so with you....people tell me im pretty but without my skin looking exactly how I want it to, I don't see it. I just see my flaws without seeing the whole picture. :/ I just wish we didn't have to go through this.... And don't worry about the makeup thing, he's not the right Guy for you. The right Guy will understand why u were make up and like you for you instead of seeing the makeup. If he wants a natural girl let him find her. That doesn't make u less of a person because u were makeup....guys always say they want a natural girl but they always end up with girls that wear makeup. So don't trip. Its his loss.

Honestly who knows when it's going to end hopefully very soon im 20 and I still get those flare ups and don't even want to leave my room, but you've got to persevere continue with a regimen that works for you and just take it a day at a time. Some days are going to suck yes its true I've accepted this fact, but all I can hope for is that the good days out number the bad days. I know its unfair it sucks big times, but I think people need to accept their acne and learn to live with it, essentially learn to cope with it. And as for that guy he doesn't seem to understand why some people choose to wear makeup, for example I watched a video where a girl who was scarred from acne wore makeup to cover them up (I read the entire article, watched part of the video and since im a dude that doesn't wear makeup i got bored lol), but the article was the important part she basically said that she was depressed from her scars and the makeup helped cover them which made her HAPPY!!.....and that's all that matters what makes YOU happy. I guess he just needs to understand that if something like wearing a little makeup makes a person feel better then he should be in full support and if not then you need to find someone that accepts you for who you are and cares what makes you happy and not someone who is looking for a "natural beauty".

i sometimes wonder if life was a game, i have accidently pushed hardcore mode instead of easy mode.. sometimes it even feels like i accidently pressed impossible mode ;(

Mind blown. Great phrase :D