Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Notagain88

Ugh... Acne Coming Back Again! (With Pic)

Well hello, I am a 23 old who has had acne for the last 10 years. My acne was very bad when I was younger and completely killed my confidence in high school. I literally tried everything with no success so during my high school summer, I took the plunge and decided to go on accutane as prescribed by my derm. It was a very long 7 months that I was on it, the side effects weren't that bad and my face cleared up within the first 3 months. My body acne was a different story and for the first time in my life I got these crazy boil like cysts on my body, which have left scars unfortunately. Once off it and completely acne free I had never had such confidence in my entire life, I finally felt like a normal person.

This lasted for a little over a year, but my acne started to come back. It was not bad at first and I was able to keep it in check with Dans regimen. It really started to come back strong after about 3 months and My derm put me back on Accutane for 4 or 5 months and I cleared up within the first month never getting a new pimple the entire course after the initial breakout. I didnt have really any side effects other than dry skin, and was able to live a great life while I was on the drug. I have been very happy for the past 3 years since being off it, and my skin has been great since than. About a year ago my acne started to come back a little but was just whiteheads and I was able to counteract it again with dans regimen. These pimples would go away very fast, and didn't bother me that much as I know realized it was just a pimple and there was nothing I could do about it. I never had to worry about any scaring for some reason my face never scared on accutane. Well fast forward to the last 3 months and they have been terrible. Even if I get just a whitehead it will last for a week or 2, and I am getting cystic acne on the side of my face that isnt going away and I am very worried could leave scaring for the first time.

I have a derm appointment in a month couldn't get one soon, but it is becoming harder and harder to deal with this everyday especially at my age when everyone I know who has ever had acne is completely clear. Its the fact that the acne is cystic and hasn't gone away in almost two months and rather just stays a red bump that doesn't decrease in size or anything that really scares me.Looking at the pictures the pimples I am getting almost look like scars but they aren't they are just cysts that are connecting together :( I also get these pimples on my lips that are really annoying and I don't know why I always get them.

I have been using Dans Regimen as stated before for the past 8 months but seems to have hit a plateau and really isn't been doing anything to help with my existing pimples nor with help in stopping new ones from forming. I eat very healthy and workout 5 times a week. I drink lots of water and make sure that I arrange my schedule around so that I shower after my workout to make sure I don't over dry my face and produce more oil. I just don't understand why my acne is so resistant as everything I have tried in the past hasn't been able to help me other than accutane.

Idk exactly what I am looking to get out of this post, maybe just some advice from people who might be in a similar situation or something I am just really down about my acne today.

post-178887-0-19143400-1340632380_thumb.

post-178887-0-77728500-1340632618_thumb.

post-178887-0-19143400-1340632380_thumb.

post-178887-0-77728500-1340632618_thumb.

Edited by Notagain88

Your skin is almost perfect.

That said, cystic acne is generally hormonal. Things to think about:

- Are you taking any protein shakes? Shakes with whey or creatine? Cut them out.

- Do you eat dairy? Cut out the dairy. Dairy is a giant precursor for hormonal acne in many, many people.

- Do you get 30+ minutes of sun exposure a day? If not, go out in the sun every day or supplement with 10,000 IU Vitamin D-3. Vitamin D-3 is a pre-hormone that affects the skin.

Do you exfoliate? For me that's the single most Important step in skin care. This also should not be in severe acne. You have pretty much perfect skin minus a few spots. What are you using on your face product wise?