Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILoveKitty12

Scars Although I Don't Pop Pimples?

Am I just doomed to get scars??

I rarely pop pimples and yet I still get very dark hyperpygmentation that lasts for up to over 12 months and ice pick and/or wider scars (cant remember the name).

My question is, is if there is anything I can do to prevent it (keeping in mind im on the dkr regimen)?

And why am I getting them even if I don't pick and pop? I was under the inpression you only scar this badly if you do so. I'm so scared of what my skin is going to look like in the future.. Is there any hope?

I get terrible hyperpigmentation too when not picking. I use Apple cider vinegar (diluted at 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar) as a toner at night and really seems to make a difference for me.

Have you tried taking fish oil pills? Or washing your face with honey or using a honey mask? Honey really keeps the hyperpigmentation off my face when I go happen to get a pimple.

My worst scars are the ones I didn't pick. Go figure. I'm a "safe picker" though...sterilized needles, careful pressure, etc. My theory is if you can see white when you stretch the skin (and prick it with a needle), it's better to get it out then have pus in there stretching your skin for days.

2% salicylic acid LEAVE-ON CREAM (not cleanser) nightly lightens my marks.