Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

What Is The Absolute Best Thing You Can Do For Your Liver ?

I know you're all sick of me I am sorry for all my posts but I honestly just can't live any longer with this face and really trying again to figure something out.

I've already been on liver supporting herbs and supplements off and on a few months ago but nothing really affected my acne as you all possibly know, nothing has and I wont go on and on about that >.<

I'm wanting to focus back on my liver but I'm a bit 'eh'. because I've tried liver supporting supplements/herbs before and I have honestly spent 2 years, more so the past 12 months following all I need to. I dont want to ramble and list everything ive tried, or done and doing. At the moment, for a few months I've really just been focusing on my diet and lifestyle no supplements etc (until recent zinc but not sure its doing good).

Anyway what is honestly the BEST thing anyone can do to help the liver? Honestly I dont believe it is my liver as the problem as I have never taken strong meds, the only meds I've even had in the past many years is just pain meds but only like 5 times a year (i am on the bc pill and was on 25mg of spiro but i take lots of probiotics etc). the only liver damange I could have done was my 1-2 years of drinking. but again im 20 years old, it was nothing WOAH. only like once a week or every few weeks and on the odd occasion maybe a few times a week but it was not excessive. sometimes if it was a once off occassion i would consume a lot, and usually just straight vodka as I never get drunk easy and i would possibly be considered a lightweight visually.

I already asked about liver cleanses and the majority said dont bother.

Can I please ask for advice on any highy valuable suggestions please?

I do have a question just regarding my 'ex'-alcohol intake. Is it weird to not really get drunk at all when I did drink maybe 1/4-1/2 a bottle of vodka ? When I mixed drinks i got drunk but never when it was straight. I dont drink like that anymore hell no but its worth the question.

I was also thinking though, if I have acne due to liver issues that must mean my liver is very messed up...but my liver test came back healthy. Do you think liver tests are accurate?

also I will be working on sleep and stress. I used to go to bed at a very decent time but I do tend to go to bed around 12am-1am and I'm aware thats when the liver works its hardest? So I will aim for 10pm, no later than 11pm. Also I usually get up around 8-9am so I'll aim for maybe 6-7am.

thanks guys

Anyway what is honestly the BEST thing anyone can do to help the liver?

Leave it alone...

Avoid added fructose such as foods and drinks with HFCS or agave nectar. I'd limit juices and alcohol as well. Plus consume the nutrients that help it function. They are in the list in the Good Things thread.

I completely disagree that you shouldn't bother with liver cleanses. I have huge, monumental improvements in my health through liver flushing. It was one of the handful of things that really made a noticeable difference in my health (liver flushing, iodine therapy, eliminating problem foods, etc).

For more information about liver flushing check out curezone.com

It really sounds like you're worrying too much about it. Sure, if you did a lot to harm your liver like drinking heavy amounts daily for a long time without a break. Or you live a very high stress life with little to no sleep, or you take drugs that put a lot of stress your liver you might need help. The liver is a resilient organ that heals itself quite well, if you think you must have whatever cleanse people recommend then go for it, but it more than likely wont do anything other than hurt your wallet. I'm an avid fan of just eating a well balanced and nutrient rich diet, why work on fixing things like sleep and stress factors first and then if that doesn't do anything try your cleanse?

If you do all at the same time you won't know exactly what was effecting your acne. Have you tried adequate UV exposure, or steaming, different proven cleansers, or setting up a good diet? Occasional drinking you did a long time ago isn't going to be an issue, the liver can more than handle that situation. IF you insist using something for liver health, get some silymarin and NAC along with vitamin c. That's enough for people running steroid cycles that are very hard on the liver, if it's not enough for whatever liver issue you think you may have then go see a doctor.

Liver flushing is so cheap it's practically free. It won't hurt the wallet at all. All you need is some olive oil, a grapefruit and some epsom salts.

I agree that stress and sleep factors should be addressed alongside cleansing, for sure. Good point about doing things in stages, too.

Dejaclairevoyant, would you be willing to explain or post a link about how you do your liver flushes? I'm interested in trying it but am finding so much mixed information. I'd love to hear from someone who's felt it's been beneficial.

Liver flushing is so cheap it's practically free. It won't hurt the wallet at all. All you need is some olive oil, a grapefruit and some epsom salts.

I agree that stress and sleep factors should be addressed alongside cleansing, for sure. Good point about doing things in stages, too.

should add that if you aren't eating properly (whatever that may be for you) then it won't make a difference. It's like getting your colon cleaned and then continuing to eat processed food, total waste.

Suma Root, it will completely regenerate your liver over time

Edited by Rawhide

a liver cleanse/flush! go check out curezone.com. there are tons of people there that have cured themselves completely of acne with liver flushes.