Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oldguy

I read the abstract of a similar study a few months ago. I couldn't figure out a safe way to try it or any docs that would do it so I lost interest.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...om_uid=15075042

The def, btw, of iontophoresis is: the introduction of an ionized substance (as a drug) through intact skin by the application of a direct electric current

I wonder if results would be similar using a dermaroller.

Woohoo more studies! Isn't it interesting in this one that the "after" photos always seem to be a different color? [NUDGE] Oursfan [/NUDGE]

Never mind, he's in South Africa. Wonder what he charges for his treatments. I imagine anything you do twice a week for a year would have considerable results. But still, those pictures are amazing.

Woohoo more studies! Isn't it interesting in this one that the "after" photos always seem to be a different color? [NUDGE] Oursfan [/NUDGE]

The main work on Iontophoresis is from Miss Dr Jolanta Schmidt, she worked in hospital in Vienna... did some studies on acne scars. Don't know what results. Do research!;-)

Bump. After doing some more research, I believe this is one of the few procedures that are actually effective for acne scars without being invasive. (Joining non-ablative lasers) It would not be difficult for an ambitious person with some medical knowledge to try this. Perhaps some doctors or clinics that already have an iontophoresis machine and would be willing to try it on a few patients. There are many substances that would probably be highly effective for acne scars if you could get them into the skin, such as retinols, vitamins c,e, and a, and estrogen. This, or using a dermaroller or roll-cit to create “channels,� is an easy way to achieve some major success. There; I passed you the ball, now run with it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...om_uid=10192170

seems that this treatment is available since 1995, that means for me that it is not successfull, otherwise it would be a standard procedure...

blade007, I think that it would take long-term treatment, and and that would probably be too expensive for most people. Plus it seems like many people usually just want a magic bullet, and they think that laser is it. The term "touched up" means altered, or faked.

Guest Cubsfan
what does it mean "these pictures are touched up"? Similar expression?

I would not actually call that touched up. Many people just pull out the best possible pics to show that their procedures work well. They might, for example, use lighting that toned down redness. I doubt that very many doctors would actually go in and digitally enhance pics or anything.

I have tried tretinoin with glavanic current. I have also used estriol. I thought it worked ok for shallow acne scarring. But my skin became very red and raw with tretinoin I had to stop the treatments. Estriol did not phase me with adverse reactions but it did nothing for me. (Men you can't use estrogens)The better results were with retinoic acid. I think using ultrasound would be a better application method and less hassel.

I don't think those pictures are touched up. Retin-a and similar retinoids are known to make your skin tone lighter. I've been using Avage for about 1 month now and my skin tone has definetly lightened up.

Bump. I know this is an old thread. But has any of the persons, who wrote something in this thread tried Tretinoin by iontophorosis?

Noone knows if it is possible to buy this machine? I would REALLY like to try it out.

Hey IDBNVS2. I found out later today after the bump because Fernandes wrote back. He said they did not sell it.

But how can I then possiblt try it? I need galvanic current in some form. Or soundwaves 15 kHz.