Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, just a quick question. I don't have any jojoba oil to help the flakies when they appear, but what I do own is some baby oil (which is essentially mineral oil). I'm not wearing make-up anymore until I get this ance under control but I did previously use it as a makeup remover which did not irritate my skin and hydrated it well.

Is there any harm in me mixing this with some moisturizer if I need the extra hydration?

Edited by PleaseMakeMePrettyAgain

Did you cleanse again after using the mineral oil as a makeup remover? Because the only issue I can think of is that it may be a clogging if you don't wash it off, but if you've left it on for long periods of time with no issues, then I think it's fine to use it for extra hydration.

If your skin is too dry from Benzoyl peroxide you need to switch to a topical anti-biotic like topical clindamycin and perhaps throw in a retinoid like topical tretinoin (Retin-A).

The last thing you want to do is add oil to bacteria infested skin. It gives the bacteria a buffet...MAKES BREAKOUTS SO MUCH WORSE..the only moisture you should add to your skin is an oil-free non-comodogenic moisturizer..

Edited by amoxilworx

Did you cleanse again after using the mineral oil as a makeup remover? Because the only issue I can think of is that it may be a clogging if you don't wash it off, but if you've left it on for long periods of time with no issues, then I think it's fine to use it for extra hydration.

I used a cotton pad to remove the make-up with the oil on it and then cleanse as normal, following with The Regimen.

it's more expensive than baby oil but dermalogica makes a product called 'precleanse' which is made up of several different oils but is non-comegenic and works really well to remove make up and stuff. baby oil could def. lead to more clogging and has perfume in it which is aggravating to skin.

I used a cotton pad to remove the make-up with the oil on it and then cleanse as normal, following with The Regimen.

So, if you're going to double cleanse, you're probably fine, but if you're going to leave it on to seal in moisture, I think you should patch test first or just avoid. Mineral oil is not clogging for me, but some people find it clogging, or can tolerate it as part of a cleanse but can't leave it on their skin.

I think jojoba oil will be better for your acne prone skin because it breaks down sebum in plugged-up pores.

The similarity between jojoba oil and human sebum is what does the trick.