Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I seem to somehow have gotten these tiny bumps on my forehead and I don't know whether they are closed comedones or milia or something entirely different....anyway, I have a week to get rid of most of them and I feel like a leper leaving my house to go out. I have been using a calamine clay mask made from kaolin clay and glycerin to get rid of them but to be honest I don't see much of a difference. The mask has been making a difference in clearing up white heads and drying out pimples on my nose and chin, and that's great, but I'm not sure if it's inactive or just making it worse on my forehead. When I started using this calamine treatment two weeks ago, I noticed a bit of improvement here and there on my forehead, but now that I'm on my period (sorry guys), I'm not sure whether there are more because of the calamine or the period. Or is there just too much exfoliation going on my forehead? I need a cure asap, I feel disgusting, and what's more, I have an upcoming event in a week. Gahh. Anyway, I've attached the closest picture to my condition to help confused people out. HELP!!

looks like closed comedones. salicylic acid and retinoids work to clear them.

start with a salicyclic acid product, if that don't work then consider a retinoid. I had some stubborn ones on one my cheeks, differin cleared them up.

I've read that using a lot of chemical exfoliators like say salicyclic acid or glycolic acid or any other acid kind of thing makes them worse before they get better. Apparently this is the "purging" phase or something...only thing is I don't have time for my skin to purge and worsen, can't really risk looking like pizza face for the upcoming thing. Did you find that the acid products broke you out more before you got bettter?

You need to go to the dermatologist and get some Retin A . Doesnt look that bad but I know you want to get it under control. Also over time retin A beautifies your skin and is anti aging. The (Retin A Mocro pump tretinoin gel) by Rx only

Hi Nishkat,

I have the exact same situation on my forehead, and have been doing aspirin peels for the past two days (salicylic acid). It has made my skin quite red, so beware if you have an event. You might be better off waiting, and doing a Breakfast at Tiffany's or other hairstyle to cover your forehead if necessary. Best of luck!

Well I made a dermatologist appointment, but it won't be for another month, because of our healthcare system and that's troublesome. Right now, I'm trying sulfur products and scrubs, all light products, and hopefully I'll see results. My skin hasn't had much of a reaction to the sulfur except for dryness, but I haven't seen any magical transformations...if everything works out within a week, i will definitely post product names! However this is my second day, and a good fifth of my spots have disappeared, so i suppose we'll see .