Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lunai

Are These Scars?

I've been on the regimen for a couple months now and my face has definitely become much clearer. However, it is extremely dry and flaky lately. I find myself peeling and picking the skin off.. And now, looking closely in the mirror, I see these thin, stretch-like, shiny, very shallow, indented lines on my cheeks. It looks like scaring but is only noticeable close up and it freaks me out. The lines are most prominent and shiny after using the BP and when looking at the skin pushed up, like from smiling. It is so strange and I've never seen them before. I'm afraid to continue the regimen because I don't know what it's doing to my skin.

I haven't found any research relating to what I'm seeing. Are they scars? Did I burn my skin off somehow from the BP?

I appreciate any feedback!

Don't peel & pick your skin. This can cause scarring. Let your skin shed naturally.

There's no way to tell by a description whether you have scarring. Post a picture.

Don't peel & pick your skin. This can cause scarring. Let your skin shed naturally.

There's no way to tell by a description whether you have scarring. Post a picture.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried taking a photo but have been unsuccessful in capturing the actual appearance of the lines because it's the movement of my face in the light that shows you them and how shiny they are. (it might sound subtle but they still worry me. Or maybe I just don't know the best angle to take a picture)

I'm pretty sure they are actually stretch marks now as I just found a post on another site of someone saying their Derm told them skin can crack after being so dry which causes stretch marks after. The post didn't have any more information unfortunately so I have no idea if there's something I can do or if it will go away. :(

Edited by Lunai