Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amandagirl

Has Anyone Reduced Their Bp To Once A Day?

I have been on the regimen for 2 1/2 months now... My skin has improved so much, I get an occasional pimple here and there, but I have been much happier with my face. However, there are days when my skin is so irritated, itchy, and RED. I don't know what to do! I don't want to completely quit, but I was thinking about reducing the BP to once a night, instead of morning and night. I am hoping that this will help reduce the constant redness and itchiness. Has anyone had a similar experience or reduced their BP to once a day and had success? Thanks for your help!!

I didn't have any trouble with itching, but I couldn't seem to get the redness to calm down, so I tried reducing BP usage to night-time only.

This was a year ago, and I can say that it's been worth it. I still get random spots, but they're normally tiny and go away quick. Mainly it's due to my diet. But in exchange for much calmer skin, it's a price I gladly pay.

I'd say try it out. Keep in mind that I only had mild acne, though.

I only use it at night but the redness doesn't seem to go away and I've been using the bp for a year aswell... I think it's time to go to the derm, bp is too irritating.

Yes I agree, it's so irritating.. I'm not sure if it's even worth it. I just reduced to once a night, let's see what happens! I would imagine that there has to be some kind of improvement with redness since I'm reducing the amount of BP by a lot.. I'm hoping..

Maybe you can try to only apply the BP to the red imflammed spots? The clear parts of your face might not need BP every night

I have been using BP only at night for almost a year (did the actual regimen for a year and a half before that), and I am very happy about my results. I also only use 3/4-1 pump of the BP at night. I reduced the redness, flakiness, etc. It really makes a huge difference. I still get occasional spots and sometimes they get pretty bad, but I dont care. I can live with a couple days vs every day looking like a lobster that is shedding skin lol

lol I agree Wicker.. I think you are doing the right thing. It's not worth having such irritated, red, flaky skin. That probably looks worse in the long run!

UPDATE: So far, my skin texture has improved A LOT. The last few days, I have only been using the BP at night, and washing and moisturizing in the morning. So far, the redness has gone down, my skin is smooth and looking alot more even. I am going to continue with this and pray that my results stay good. I have mild acne, so I'm hoping this will do it for me.

If anyone has experience with BP once a day please continue to share! Thanks!!

I apply it only at night, but I did the full regimen for a good 3 months with no variation. I only started to reduce the BP applications only once I was perfectly clear for a couple of weeks. And then I reduced slowly. Eg, applied once a day every second day and the usual twice a day every second day, slowly decreasing until I was applying only once per day every day.

But I have to admit that sometimes I still apply twice a day for a few days when I see tiny bumps (not full blown acne) start to appear under my skin on my forehead. Thats usually a sign that things are about to go bad. I do the full regimen for a few days and it all goes back to being clear again.

It definitely made a big difference to dryness etc.

I highly recommend trying to reduce BP usage. The goal is to use as little BP as possible.

Instead of BP being your primary defense, I'd recommend it as a supplemental step.

I was super desperate to!! 3 months in almost completely clear but so dry and flaky!!!

I was doing 1 pump twice a day..and then i said screwomg i it and only used like 0.3 of a pump sometimes less for my whole face twice a day!!

Immediately my skin started getting back to normal plus its staying clear!

I recommend you try that twice a day instead of jumping right into once a day!