Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmaguy115

Accutane And Blood Test Results. So Frustrated!

Hey guys

So heres the deal. I've been on accutane, or was on accutane, for 3 months. Starting at 40mg, 60mg, then 80mg. On my last visit for month 3, starting month 4, my liver enzymes were through there roof and I was told I had to wait for 2 weeks till they returned to normal. I concluded it was the high Vitamin A count in my protein supplement I was taking, so i stopped. 2 Weeks went by and my liver enzymes went back to normal, but my creatine kinase levels were high, around 280. I was told to wait another 2 weeks and redo my blood tests. I went to dermatologist today and my liver enzymes were fine, but my creatine kinase levels were now 870. My doctor said he couldn't put me back on until they were normal and now I have to see my primary care physician to figure out the problem.

I dont understand why my CK levels are so high. I dont drink, dont smoke, dont take supplements ( for a month now), on no other medication, and have a clean diet. I work out 5-6 days a week, and my work outs are typically pretty intense.

My doctor suggested that my CK levels were so high because of my exessive working out, and I have to stop working out to see if they return to normal. Could this be the case for my CK levels? Also, my diet is focused around weight gaining and muscle gaining, with lots of carbs and around 200g of protein intake a day. Would my diet have any affect on my CK levels, or is it only my working out that could cause this?

Im so frustrated that I cant start accutane again, now I cant even work out. Working out is my love and passion, but I desperately want clear skin for once in my life. I've dealt with acne for 5 years now and want this nightmare over!

dude...high what carbs are you eating? i can bet my life that the supppements and your diet is making your acne worse, in ym case it caused acne itself. If you want to bulk up, i recommend sweet potatoe, yams, oatmeal (if you tolerate gluten), whole wheat rice. Absolutly not supplements, nopt whey protein. Also, with a high caloric diet your insulin levels will spike because of the glycemic load, unless you eat them with some fat. For example, add nuts to your oatmeal.

dude...high what carbs are you eating? i can bet my life that the supppements and your diet is making your acne worse, in ym case it caused acne itself. If you want to bulk up, i recommend sweet potatoe, yams, oatmeal (if you tolerate gluten), whole wheat rice. Absolutly not supplements, nopt whey protein. Also, with a high caloric diet your insulin levels will spike because of the glycemic load, unless you eat them with some fat. For example, add nuts to your oatmeal.

My OP indicates that I am NOT taking any supplements, nor was i taking a supplements as a carb intake. Please read before posting.

Also, my diet is focused around weight gaining and muscle gaining, with lots of carbs and around 200g of protein intake a day. Would my diet have any affect on my CK levels, or is it only my working out that could cause this?

Im so frustrated that I cant start accutane again, now I cant even work out. Working out is my love and passion, but I desperately want clear skin for once in my life. I've dealt with acne for 5 years now and want this nightmare over!

First of all im trying to help you, if I didnt care about your thread it would be with no answers whatsoever. Second, im not telling you that its making your blood results that high IM TALKING ABOUT THE ROOT OF YOUR ACNE, whey protein makes acne worse, and if it woudnt be worse you hadnt been taking accutane, and if you hadnt been taking accutane your blood levels were normal. Third, your diet consists in a high carb diet, which means a high glycemic load, when this happens insulin sestimulates ssebaceous glands, the follicle is trapped, P.acnes gets in, and a pimple is formed. And i gave you a very helpful answers, to stop a high glycemic load by adding fat to carbs, the other option is choose between bodybuilding and acne.

ps: read "how to win friends" by dale carnegie