Notifications
Clear all

Ladies (Or Gentlemen) - How Do You Feel About Going 'bare Faced'?

MemberMember
(@pleasemakemeprettyagain)

Posted : 06/23/2012 2:39 am

I've come to the conclusion that my cosmetics have a lot to answer for regarding my acne. I've started The Regimen and already, and after only a few days, have began to see positive results. I've also not been out of the house in these past few days, in fear people seeing the acne when it's not covered up with foundation and concealer.

I know that I won't be able to get out of this vicious cycle if I don't stop wearing cosmetics whilst treating my acne problem. How many of you still wear make-up whilst healing your acne?

My boyfriend invited me over and I didn't want to get the bus because I didn't want to show my face in public. I've never had any self esteem, but this takes this biscuit.

How do you convince yourself to step outside when you feel so bad about your appearence?

MemberMember
(@pillbug)

Posted : 06/23/2012 3:29 am

Good topic! I have been hiding under makep for the past 12 years--I just ---can't---bring myself to go barefaced even though I fantasize about how wonderful it would be to just be able to walk outside in the sunshine unashamed of my completion. I honestly would take healthy clean skin over a million bucks. I know cosmetics make it worse but I just don't have the guts to show the public my bare skin. Sorry--not much help on your topic but I will say that my bf doesn't see my complexion the way I do but I am just so uncomfortable without makeup on.

MemberMember
(@nyakabr)

Posted : 06/23/2012 8:16 am

If I wear make-up, it's to cover scars I have, but overall I have not worn make-up in months (except one day for a wedding) which is extreme for me as I used to use a full foundation + concealer + powder. It was a huge change for me and although it was tough at the beginning, I have gotten used to it and even on days where i'm feeling uglier than usual, I just try to avoid mirrors and pretend like I have make-up. It helps me out.

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/23/2012 9:19 am

my face was really clear with no serious acne before , until i started using make up every single day for about two years (not for hiding acne, coz i didnt have one, but just for look more fresh and perfection), then it started showed little bumps all over my face that made me using MORE make up to hide it! (i think it called ACNE COSMETICA)and until one day it become worse with lots of cyst and painfull acne start came out and became worst and worst each day ,then i found this site, and start the regimen and swear to my self to try stop using make up until my face really clear, first i was soo soo embarassed to meet people especially my bf without make up and with big2 pimples all over my face :( i couldnt looked them in their eyes while i was talking with them , so humiliating.. so stressfull, wanted to cry ,so not confidence....) but if i want my skin back to normal ,i think i should stop using make up ,thx God it shows improvement now, my right side of my face now clear ,yeay! so ,please stop using make up while you are treating your acne, i know its really reallyyyy hard leave the house with no make up,i know i've been there , :( now i get used to it! hahaha no make up all day long, i feel my skin really relax and natural ,even if i have date with my bf,luckily he is such a sweet guy, never say anything /even complain bout it :) maybe i will use make up when i go to wedding / special occasion only oneday :)

MemberMember
(@justsomeguy44)

Posted : 06/23/2012 1:56 pm

Haha sometimes I felt bad when I had more than a couple of pimples, especially when I had the clusters (three in a line/Orion's belt) pimples. I feel like the Regimen is kind of notorious for those during the initial breakout periods. All I can tell you is to stay positive!

My girlfriend never really cared, even on my worst skin days, and most likely other people in the public wont be repulsed by some pimples either! Just really take care of any dryness you get from the Regimen, because it gets really crazy at times.. I personally had really bad flaking, peeling, and even burning episodes towards weeks 3 to 6. My face looked brown and discolored until the layers eventually came off on their own.

I checked out your gallery and my acne was very similar to yours (fairly mild) although your skin is way paler, and girlier than mine. Just keep pushing through! The Regimen should work for you.

MemberMember
(@puertoricanbeauty22)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:17 pm

I look at myself as a whole and still see my natural beauty. I go out without makeup sometimes and feel insecure because of my acne...but when i feel really horrible i wear a bb cream or bare minerals. I love my natural beauty and think everyone should..even if they have acne. True beauty shines within

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/15/2012 8:44 am

I couldn't put makeup on this morning because my prescription medications are making my skin really sore, red and flaky. I went for a walk. I made sure to do my hair, wear nice clothes and a bit of lipstick. Lipstick is really my instant confidence boost - bright red, vivid lipstick.

I've worn completley no makeup at all whatsoever to a date before. I felt nervous as anything.

I feel a lot better wearing nothing on my face nowadays compared to when I first started getting breakouts.