Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uglydude

Nose Blackheads Issue (& Disgusting Pic)

I'm 18, and I've had blackheads on my nose for a long time now.

I've tried various different methods, but I'm afraid to try some things since I don't want to make it worse. (Despite the redness, I don't pop or scratch them)

I'm looking for anything that can help get reduce them without scarring. Any ideas? Thanks

It looks like to me, the damage is done. It could be worse. Imagine them sticking out of the pore. Imagine them not being black (aka more visible), then it would come off as really disgusting right? no.. yes.. well, the answer is you are a dramatic teenager, your eight-teen, that is not disgusting. If that's disgusting, then clogges pores, pimples, pustules, bump scars, pit scars, redmarks and dry flaky skin are about.. 5-10 times more disgusting.

# 1: adjust your perception right away, no one can see those tiny deep blackheads unless they shine a light less than 2 feet from your face. The people that do notice them will take 1 whole second to look past it because, bingo, its not disgusting.

#2. There is absolutely nothing you can try topically that will make your blackheads go away for good, you cannot reduce their number, you can clear out the pore maybe. In fact the better you get at clearing out your pores, the worse they will get, they will come back faster, more of them may come back and the pores may appear to increase in size or stretch to their expanded form.

#3 just cover them up like.. hollywood stars, wear some makeup, do it well, and people won't know.

#2.5. eat a balanced diet, and avoid things that threw your diet off balance.

#4 I typed this all super fast, test yourself out of teenager-ness and believe in what you have to to make your skin better given our time's resources and don't believe what people say, especially not me. Confused? good. Paula's choice, mandelic acid, glycolic acid, green cream, linoleic acid, none of them work, but feel free to understand why some claim they do work. Insanity.

---

Edited by Wangod

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps people can't see it so well, but it's disgusting to me which is a good enough reason to do something about it.

Yes - I am confused. You're confusing. Lol.

I'll research more into those products, despite the fact that 'none of them work'.

Thanks bro

Edit: Anyone else have advice? :)

Edited by Uglydude

Um, your nose is perfectly normal.

I got to a point where I was so fed up with acne that I would actually look at people's noses close up when I was sitting next to them and they didn't notice. Yeah, pretty creepy. But I noticed that even people with flawless skin have little oil plugs that look like your nose.

Seriously, there is nothing you need to do. You probably have the best skin on this board.

If it really bothers you, you can apply a 2% salicyic acid leave-on cream every night. It is the only acid that will penetrate into the pore and help dissolve the oil.

Um, your nose is perfectly normal.

I got to a point where I was so fed up with acne that I would actually look at people's noses close up when I was sitting next to them and they didn't notice. Yeah, pretty creepy. But I noticed that even people with flawless skin have little oil plugs that look like your nose.

Seriously, there is nothing you need to do. You probably have the best skin on this board.

If it really bothers you, you can apply a 2% salicyic acid leave-on cream every night. It is the only acid that will penetrate into the pore and help dissolve the oil.

Totally agree. Paulas choice 2% BHA (Salicylic acid) in liquid form would definetly help. It did a nice job on my nose.

Or if you wanna try a cheaper route Clean and clear makes a blackhead eraser scrub. You can try useing that just on your nose it works alright but with your verrrrrrryyyy mild blackheads it should clear them.

Good luck man.

Wow, seriously, when I first opened this I immediately looked at the picture you put up and could see absolutely nothing wrong. I would kill for skin like yours. Trust me, it's not a big deal at all, and no one but you will notice. Like Green Gables said, even people with the most perfect skin have blackheads.

I have a zillion more blackheads on my nose and I have HUGE open pores too...Id kill for your nose....stop stressing, u look fine

I'm 18, and I've had blackheads on my nose for a long time now.

I've tried various different methods, but I'm afraid to try some things since I don't want to make it worse. (Despite the redness, I don't pop or scratch them)

I'm looking for anything that can help get reduce them without scarring. Any ideas? Thanks

Those are sebaceous filliments. Everyone has them. If you extract them they'll only return in a week. BHA will keep them from getting so dark in color making them less noticeable. I found that 10% bp and sulfur masks work too.

Elmer White school glue is great at removing black heads..just spread some over your nose and let it dry for about 10 - 15 minutes and then peel away gently. You'd be surprised at how many blackheads and guck gets removed by doing this method.

I agree with everyone else - your nose is fine and perfectly normal. Let's not forget either that that picture opened, is several times larger than the reality of even standing an inch away from your face in person, and it still looks normal. Your skin is fine, believe me, there are plenty of people here that'd be overjoyed with that...