Sunscreen For Very ...

Notifications
Clear all

Sunscreen For Very Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 06/22/2012 3:24 pm

I was wonding if anyone knows what kind and brand of sunscreen I can use if my skin is VERY acne prone and VERY oily? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kin92)

Posted : 06/22/2012 3:39 pm

I use Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock. Spf 30

MemberMember
(@ramblinrose)

Posted : 06/22/2012 5:52 pm

my only concerns about that product are that it contains parabens and fragrance. but it's worth a try so go for it if u dont share those concerns! :P

Active Ingredients:

Avobenzone (2.0%), Homosalate (7%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3.0%)

Inactive Ingredients:

Water, Silica, Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Oat Kernel Extract (Avena Sativa), Squalane, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), BHT, Cetyl Dimethicone, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root) (Licorice Root), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

MemberMember
(@mwilso)

Posted : 06/29/2012 12:06 pm

I've heard that Elta MD UV clear is good for acne prone skin, I haven't personally used it though.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_uv+clear+spf+46_20567.htm?gclid=CIP9woz387ACFcVgTAod_RhnIg

I use Glycolix Elite Spf 30 because it's 17% zinc, but I can imagine some people would feel it's too heavy.

MemberMember
(@lalibear)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:09 pm

any suncreen that contain Zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as their active ingredients. i wouldnt buy anything else if it doesnt have those ingredients. they are heavy and do leave a slight white cast but they provide the most protection :)

MemberMember
(@ccasey)

Posted : 05/15/2013 4:14 am

I use Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock. Spf 30

Same. Been using it for 5+ years. no problems.

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 05/25/2013 5:27 pm

It sort of depends what spf you are looking for. If you want a lower spf there are more options for oily skin but I found it very hard to find a high spf sunscreen that wasn't oily. I was about to give up my search thinking no such thing existed as a high spf sunscreen that wasn't oily but then I found La Roche Posay fluid extreme spf 50+ and that's pretty good! I don't feel like I'm wearing sunscreen, my skin is no oilier with it than usual :)

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/28/2013 7:07 pm

I use Neutrogena's Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30. High spf but it's surprisingly super light. A little goes a long way.

I've tried several of the Neutrogena with spf and they are all very good. I'm trying to get away from the ingredients to avoid, but I've been unsuccessful in attempts to go organic. So for right now, I have to stick to this one. Gives a nice tone which I think has something to do with the vitamin C in it.

(I have oily/acne prone/combination/very sensitive skin)

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 06/09/2013 3:57 pm

I like the sunscreen sprays by Neutrogena or Banana Boat when my skin is oily. They can be drying because they're alcohol-based, but sometimes that's a good thing :)

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/20/2013 12:16 am

Banana Boat Natural Reflect line works well for oily skin. It is thicker to touch, and you need to spend more time rubbing it out to a thin layer.