Notifications
Clear all

Laviv, Subcision, And Matrix Co2 Fractional Laser

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 06/22/2012 1:36 pm

Hey guys ill be going in for all these treatments this summer.. I had the laviv cell procedure performed on me yesterday and it went well but he said it will kick in a few week/months down the road..anyhow i hope everything works out! my next appointment is july 6th for subcision. My doctor is Dr. William Boss located in Paramus NJ.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/22/2012 11:51 pm

Interesting. Is there a reason why he did Laviv before subcision? I was under the impression that most doctors do subcision and then fillers to fill the empty space. Or, did you get Laviv for another type of scarring?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 06/23/2012 7:08 am

im not quite sure why either but he will do 2 more sets of laviv after the subcision to fill it in..i also think he will do subcision only for the deeper scars but ill have to see.. good question Tokyo

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/23/2012 11:15 am

If you're seeing improvement already, then that's a good thing. Your first treatment just makes me more curious about how Laviv works.

Thanks for sharing this. Keep us updated on your progress. I am hoping for the best for you

MemberMember
(@winduken)

Posted : 06/25/2012 8:06 pm

@TokyoGirl

A subcision does two things. It releases the tension of the tissues under the scars and it allows the healing process to generate new skin cells that hopefully will level out the scars. So it isn't a surprise that this does not work well with boxcar scars which has too much surface area to be refilled.

Laviv is composed of live cells that will integrate into the tissues under the skin and generate the substances (collagen, hyaluronic acids and other skin matrix materials) to rebuild the skin.

So if Waitingforacure's scars are of the boxcar variety, it makes sense to just start with laViv. But even for the other scar types, having new cells growing before doing the subcision is also a good idea. Dr. Boss was the inventor of laViv. So Waiting is in good hands there.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/01/2012 10:05 pm

@TokyoGirl

A subcision does two things. It releases the tension of the tissues under the scars and it allows the healing process to generate new skin cells that hopefully will level out the scars. So it isn't a surprise that this does not work well with boxcar scars which has too much surface area to be refilled.

Laviv is composed of live cells that will integrate into the tissues under the skin and generate the substances (collagen, hyaluronic acids and other skin matrix materials) to rebuild the skin.

So if Waitingforacure's scars are of the boxcar variety, it makes sense to just start with laViv. But even for the other scar types, having new cells growing before doing the subcision is also a good idea. Dr. Boss was the inventor of laViv. So Waiting is in good hands there.

so in other some one suffering from box scars shouldnt bother with subsicon at all then?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 07/01/2012 11:08 pm

so in other some one suffering from box scars shouldnt bother with subsicon (sic) at all then?

I would like to know the same thing, even though I'm nowhere near the point of affording to fix my scarring. But I'd like to know more info. for future reference.

Thank you,

P.I.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/02/2012 7:09 am

personally i think subcision can be effective for any type of depressed scar including boxcar and icepick

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/02/2012 2:39 pm

Someone pointed out even tho subcision can remove the tathered down tissue for box scars there are still the walls of the boxscar remaining therefore making it more complicated. i wish i had rolling scars instead of boxscars =(

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/06/2012 1:25 pm

hey guys just got back from having subcision..I'm very swollen and bruised right now so now my plan is to rest and heal up..ill keep u guys updated!!!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/06/2012 2:14 pm

did he treat all your scars or just a few?

MemberMember
(@dragonn)

Posted : 07/06/2012 2:36 pm

Waitingforacure, what type of boxcars do you have? Mine are not very deep but they are jagged and have thick, discernable walls. I still haven't found a clear answer on whether or not subcision helps with these scars.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/06/2012 2:49 pm

i have mostly boxcars but im sure subcision helps with all types of depressed scars..i really think subcision will help u

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 07/06/2012 3:53 pm

i have mostly boxcars but im sure subcision helps with all types of depressed scars..i really think subcision will help u

How do the needle marks look? Were they kinda big or just pinpricks?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/06/2012 4:09 pm

needles marks are barely visible theres only 1 or 2 a bit bigger but still very small and i got stuck by around 15 to 20 needles..im quite satisfied so far

MemberMember
(@dragonn)

Posted : 07/06/2012 5:12 pm

Awesome, I'm so excited for you! I'm really thinking subcision helps almost all scars too. Unfortunately I live in Arizona and have found 0 doctors that perform it. They all push for lasers because so many people have wrinkles/sun damage in this state.

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 07/06/2012 7:42 pm

can you post some pics up of the progress please?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/06/2012 7:54 pm

i knew someone would ask that.. sorry but i wont be posting pics but i will def share with u guys my progress/results!!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/07/2012 4:04 pm

hows it going so far? if laviv really works im def gonna take a trip to NJ.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/07/2012 4:15 pm

im good just really swollen and bruised right now from subcision...the doctor told me laviv will take 3-4 months to see greater results so its a long process..im sure u can find a doctor that performs laviv in upstate NY which is closer to you

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/07/2012 5:30 pm

ic ya upstate new york would be alot closer. so from what i understand your gonna go for laser soon after the subcision heals? are your boxscars deep or shallow?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/07/2012 5:34 pm

im going in for laviv aug 10th then after that it will be the laser then laviv again..i have deep boxscars

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/07/2012 6:32 pm

nice. i take it that u can no longer see your results form the first laviv since you just had subcision correct?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/07/2012 6:51 pm

exactly

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/16/2012 7:59 pm

updates? hows it going so far? this is a important thread for people to keep there eye on. laviv seems promising....