Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bass

Eyes Burn At End Of Day

Hi all - I have been on the regimen for exactly 15 weeks today. Over the past few weeks I have developed an issue with burning eyes. It only happens around five or six o'clock in the evening if I have spent more than twenty minutes outside. They do not burn too much, but I almost get blurry eyed (slightly) and want to close my eyes often. I live in Colorado, where it is currently summer (a hotter summer than normal this time of year). I noticed that the temperature has been in the eighties and nineties when this problem occurs most. I tend to sweat a lot in the summer, but I always fan my face/neck area to be sure it stays mostly dry. I would gladly suspect that the burning in my eyes is from sweating BP into them. However, my face has stayed relatively dry.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Does anyone have a solution?

I have tried eyedrops, but they do not help.

Thank you!

Happens to me. First, try applying the BP VERY far away from your eyes (like 3 or 4 inches even)

If that doesnt work you may have to cut down on the amount of BP. When I use two pumps my eyes sting toward the end of the day, when I use one pump I am still clear, and no stinging of the eyes! (also a lot less flaky)

Happens to me. First, try applying the BP VERY far away from your eyes (like 3 or 4 inches even)

If that doesnt work you may have to cut down on the amount of BP. When I use two pumps my eyes sting toward the end of the day, when I use one pump I am still clear, and no stinging of the eyes! (also a lot less flaky)

How is your acne? I would say mine is moderately severe without use of the regimen. I am scared that if I stop using as much my acne will come back!

How is your acne? I would say mine is moderately severe without use of the regimen. I am scared that if I stop using as much my acne will come back!

Mine is the same. Moderate/severe without regimen. Oh trust me, ive stopped many of a time for various reasons (wanted to try "natural stuff", thought I was cured, etc). Acne ALWAYS came back with a vengeance.

For a long time I thought I had to use 2 pumps of BP to keep clear. However, 1 full pump of Dan's BP is still A LOT of benzoyl peroxide lol. So I cut back to one pump a day and nothing happened except my eyes stopped stinging and my face became less dry. You for sure won't have a big breakout, but if you find yourself getting more acne over time you may have to increase the amount of BP again. Try to find the perfect balance of BP which causes no stinging and to still prevents acne.