Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oopig

Ready To Book My Subcision But The Price Seems Unbelievable!

friends,

My doctor is quoting for a 2 grand for the surgery. I was ready going for it and thought it was the market, but from what I see here it seems not reasonable.

Is he just good or what?It is Chicago area,

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way...huh.png

i believe the price range for subcision is usually $300-$800(depends on how many sessions included in the price...)...

also...make sure your doctor is board-certified for facial or plastic surgeon(or derm...)...this treatment results highly depend on doctor's skills...you really need to make sure he is a skilled surgeon and has enough experiences doing subcision...otherwise you'll end up with scars...

good luck =)

by the way, what kind of scarring do you have? subcision works better for deeper one than shallower scars.

Edited by myskin2012

that is a bit high, Do you have severe acne scarring covering the majority of your face?

is so then that maybe why. alot of doctors charge for each subscision. That is the main reason why im doing lasers, in the long run it will be cheaper than doing punch excision, since I have alot of ice pick scars.

How many scars are being treated? Are you being put under sedation in a surgery room?

Be sure to research your doctor thoroughly. Get as many opinions as possible, as well.

Thanks all!!!!

The information is really helpful. Mine are rolling scars, I think, so the subcision is called for. There are about 8 on right cheek but all the ones on left cheek are shadow.

I will definitely do more research and ask for a good reason why he charges so high. He is certified and worked for NWH. I thought the reputation is good, but still need to dig into it...

Thanks again. I like this board!

That seems extremely expensive. My subcisions have cost me $300 for each session and that was to treat all the scars I circled.

That does seem high. I live in Chicago, too. It would be nice to find someone here I can trust for subcision. Not sure if it's being done regularly by anyone in particular, here. You sound like you booked with a plastic surgeon. It would be good to know how often the physician has performed subcision for scarring. I saw that Lakeview Dermatology is performing it, but don't know anything about that physician group . Let us know what you decide, ok?

$2,000.00 for subcison is a complete rip-off.

I paid $400.00 each for my last two treatments.

Keep shopping for another reputable doctor as you may need multiple subcision treatments - At least, I did.