Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IzeStorm

Is This Too Severe? (With Pics)

Hi, I m a teen (15 years old) and I 'm suffering from a really bad acne and acne scar, and there are lots of it, the picture will explain a lot

3197246acne.JPG

1324583acne2.JPG

I believe few of my acne are cyst-type acne(not sure), the middle spot (reddest spot) also contain some acne, which I believe are "buried" deep under the skin. I admit that I do pick the blackheads and acne just now and now I really regret of it sad.png Other than the few severe acne, all others that make my skin looks reddish are those old acne scar. which just refuse to fade away even after a few months.

The other side of my face is not so bad and are recovering from it now, but this make me looks really bad and stupid... All my friends doesn't have such severe acne...

So, is there anything I can do to treat these acne and scar? I tried OXY (5% Benzoyl Peroxide) but it only works occasionally.

Any help are really appreciated

Edited by IzeStorm

So, is there anything I can do to treat these acne and scar? I tried OXY (5% Benzoyl Peroxide) but it only works occasionally.

I can't answer your question about what you can do to treat your acne and scars, as I don't know all the meds. available and how/when a dermatologist uses them. But I think it's certain that BP isn't helping your form of acne, which appears to be rather deep and inflamed.

My best advice is to seek a board-certified dermatologist who can select a treatment regimen that works for you. And remember that if something isn't working for you within the time frame that the derm. says it should, don't be shy to ask to try another form of treatment.

Best of luck to you!

P.I.

The best you can do is see a derm., everyone will tell you that. Just find one who has a good reputation, usually the private derms. are better, they will charge u but they will also cure you ( at least thats my experience)

You shouldn't worry too much, some light antibiotics or vitamins should clear you in no time.

You are far from severe, thats why its best to treat it now before it can get worse

See a dermatologist immidiately, before it gets worse. You don't want to be left with more scarring.

Try seeing a dermatalogist. They are included in your healthcare. As for that It doesnt looks severe at all. Just looks like you have regular acne nothing like OMG LOOK AT HIM tho. You're good. smile.png

Edited by sfteen

I have seen alot worse but ye definitely see a derm its not about how it looks now its about how it looks after...as in will it leave scarring behind? I agree with the above post (green gables) 'cut out dairy' and nuts and gluten see what happens take care.

It's not too severe but you should listen to everyone above and see a dermatologist because until you clear the acne, its kind of pointless to treat the scarring/acne marks. If your scarring/marks are mild, the retinoid topicals you use for acne will also help the marks some, but if you let the scarring get worse, you'll need something much stronger.

Guest *Spiro*

Hi, I m a teen (15 years old) and I 'm suffering from a really bad acne and acne scar, and there are lots of it, the picture will explain a lot

3197246acne.JPG

1324583acne2.JPG

I believe few of my acne are cyst-type acne(not sure), the middle spot (reddest spot) also contain some acne, which I believe are "buried" deep under the skin. I admit that I do pick the blackheads and acne just now and now I really regret of it sad.png Other than the few severe acne, all others that make my skin looks reddish are those old acne scar. which just refuse to fade away even after a few months.

The other side of my face is not so bad and are recovering from it now, but this make me looks really bad and stupid... All my friends doesn't have such severe acne...

Any help are really appreciated

Hey, thank for posting this. You have a lot of courage for even taking this step. I am going to mimic what the others said about getting to see a dermatologist ASAP. You will want to nip this acne in the bud before it does any more damage to your skin. It looks like you are still breaking out, until you stop breaking out there is no point in treating the red marks and scarring. You need to clear that before anything will help with what is left over from the acne.

Go to your General practioner and get a referral to a dermatologist ( check to see if your insurance requires a referral ). If you don't need a referral look some derms up and get in to see them. There is usually a pretty lengthy wait, which sucks.

I am sure you will need some antibiotics and a topical so you can attack the acne internally and externally. Accutane is also a opition since your acne looks like it is leaving behind scars and it looks pretty deep. I know it's hard, but try to avoid picking at your face, scars are sure to be left behind if you do pick. Look into some treatments and talk to your dermatologist when you make a appointment. Once you find a successful treatment and you are clear you can talk to your derm about what you can do laser wise or peels and so on.

In the mean time you could try changing your diet, like cutting out gluten, dairy, sugars. Stuff like that seems common in breaking people out. I wish you the best of luck!!!

OK, thanks you everyone, seems that dermatologist is the way to go then. In the mean while I will also try the Dalacin-T, hope that it will help curing it somehow. I should revise my diet too...

Once again, thanks everyone surprised.gif

My son is your age and his acne looked similar to yours, but worse. He tried all kinds of BP and those facial kits, but nothing worked until he stopped drinking cow's milk. He drinks almond milk now and puts it on his cereal. (He still eats cheese on pizza, though.) He also takes 50 mg of zinc and 2 Omega 3 (fish oil) capsules a day. He stopped using acne soap and uses a very mild facial soap (Cetaphil) on his face. He still uses Persal gel on his new zits.

The first week, nothing happened. The second week, we thought there was a small change, but couldn't be sure. The third week, there was a definite improvement. It's been a couple of months now, and his skin keeps improving, but he still has old scars that will take a long time to heal, and he still gets a few new zits here and there, probably due to hormones. But he is much better off.

My son is your age and his acne looked similar to yours, but worse. He tried all kinds of BP and those facial kits, but nothing worked until he stopped drinking cow's milk. He drinks almond milk now and puts it on his cereal. (He still eats cheese on pizza, though.) He also takes 50 mg of zinc and 2 Omega 3 (fish oil) capsules a day. He stopped using acne soap and uses a very mild facial soap (Cetaphil) on his face. He still uses Persal gel on his new zits.

The first week, nothing happened. The second week, we thought there was a small change, but couldn't be sure. The third week, there was a definite improvement. It's been a couple of months now, and his skin keeps improving, but he still has old scars that will take a long time to heal, and he still gets a few new zits here and there, probably due to hormones. But he is much better off.

Hi I noticed you mentioned almond milk...I had to cut that out of my diet as it was causing me to break out ...I had noticed this after eating almonds and switching to almond milk....do becareful with nuts! They are very nutritious but he may have a nut allergy that might effect his skin which maybe causing his immune system to over react resulting in more inflammation...good luck :)

You can also try soy milk. Get the vanilla flavored versions of either soy or almond milk, though - the plain is not very nice.