Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allegro1131

What Would You Call This On My Nose

default1.jpg

default2.jpg

had it for years. anyone have any cure? accutane, lerosett, nothing works. and anyone actually know what it's called?

Edited by allegro1131

Nope. I cant pop them like regular acne. And like i said accutane did not do anything. Got rid of other acne but not nose one

No one seems to know what it is

Nope. I cant pop them like regular acne. And like i said accutane did not do anything. Got rid of other acne but not nose one

No one seems to know what it is

Hmmm. Perhaps Phymatous Rosacea?

Thickening of skin

Irregularities of skin surface. Bumpy appearance

** Rhinophyma: thickening of skin on the nose, resulting in an irregular, bumpy appearance

Dilated blood vessels

Here is the link with a photo.

http://www.acne.org/facial-rosacea.html

Exactly what I was thinking. I would see a dermatologist ASAP before it gets worse and possibly permanent.

so that's what it is? Rhinophyma? thank you so much for the info. being to a derm who just gave me topical medicines and when that did nothing she put me on accutane which did nothing as well.

at least now I have a name for it, so i'll see if there is a non surgical cure, cause I don't think my insurance would cover a surgery. and my skin is too dark for laser and chemical peels did nothing as well.

what great luck I have

so that's what it is? Rhinophyma? thank you so much for the info. being to a derm who just gave me topical medicines and when that did nothing she put me on accutane which did nothing as well.

at least now I have a name for it, so i'll see if there is a non surgical cure, cause I don't think my insurance would cover a surgery. and my skin is too dark for laser and chemical peels did nothing as well.

what great luck I have

Well I'm no doctor, I'm just guessing. I'd say, find a derm that will confirm this suspicion.

Edited by littlelake

it's probably Rhinophyma/Rosacea. I had something similar where my pores were getting larger and larger even though I was draining the whiteheads daily. So I went to an esthetician a few months ago to get it professionally cleaned and they gave me a 20% salycilic peel. Well, the rest of my face didn't peel much but the T-zone peeled like crazy.

Just do Salycilic peels - get a pro to do the first one then and then just do it yourself - will cost $30-$50 for a peel kit (Start with 10% kits to test.). You can find them on Amazon. You have dark skin - get sunblock when you do peels and avoid the sun at all costs or you will hyperpigment after the peel. Get some skin lightener lotion with sun block for post peel moisturization. Keri body lotion is best for post peel.

The doctors will try to rip you off and recommend surgery.

Just go to an estetician and ask for a 20% salysilic peel and this will be much improved in 4 days.

here is a peel you can buy online -
/>http://kitchenaid.spiceday.com/compare/salicylic-acid-20-gel-peel-30ml-professional-B000PLUZL8